Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

RCSB NNBS Drop Pics, come on post em!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is 2/4, coils and leafs.

This is a 4/7 coils, spindles, and flip kit with no lift shackle.

And yes I wish I had those chrome rims back. LOL

Last edited by Occupational_Hazard; 01-18-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cj and OcHaz.. Very good looking trucks.. CJ, ever hang that valance panel on anything? Seems way low.. I lost my valance panel to the flood of 09 here in columbus indiana so dont have to worry about that.. Used my truck to haul people away from their flooded homes.. Then to haul all my flooded furniture to the dump.. LOL Oh well.

anyway, very sick looking rigs everyone.. Seeing as there seems to be a trend i will start the debate.. What makes up the best 4/7 drop.. i know im opening a can of worms here but lets hear the arguments.. Keep it technical...
Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ig109
Cj and OcHaz.. Very good looking trucks.. CJ, ever hang that valance panel on anything? Seems way low.. I lost my valance panel to the flood of 09 here in columbus indiana so dont have to worry about that.. Used my truck to haul people away from their flooded homes.. Then to haul all my flooded furniture to the dump.. LOL Oh well.

anyway, very sick looking rigs everyone.. Seeing as there seems to be a trend i will start the debate.. What makes up the best 4/7 drop.. i know im opening a can of worms here but lets hear the arguments.. Keep it technical...
Lets just say that it no longer has that valance on it. About the kit combos, I am running DJM 4" arms up front and a Mcgaughys flip kit in the back with the Mcgaughys air bags. I personally went with the arms up front to make sure I could get it aligned. When I purchased them they were having problems with the spindles/strut combos. I believe they have them figured out. You will get the complaint about the DJM and their crappy ball joints. I have been running mine for almost a year and haven't had a problem but if I do, Ill just swap them out for some Moogs. I am happy with my kit. Its rides stiffer than stock but I am running my stock strut setup in the front.
Name:  DSCN0619.jpg
Views: 2481
Size:  152.7 KB
Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what i figured.. LOL

DIET mt dew???

Whew.. well i think i will end up using the strut/spindle combo.. Hear they ride good.. Truck came with the factory tow package, rides like **** now.. will do flip in rear with bags.. Should be good.. If i dont like the spindle and such i too will change to DJM, would right now but the Ball joint bug sucks..
My stock ball joints are still in good shape.. for now anyway.. Drive it hard and i bet they dont last long regardless of what brand they are..

Thats my rant..
Old 01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way, Oc HAz i noticed that your tailgate handle is shaved and relocated, any pics of that in process or of it finished? Looks killer im sure.. But lets see them anyway..
Old 01-18-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ig109
Thats what i figured.. LOL

DIET mt dew???

Whew.. well i think i will end up using the strut/spindle combo.. Hear they ride good.. Truck came with the factory tow package, rides like **** now.. will do flip in rear with bags.. Should be good.. If i dont like the spindle and such i too will change to DJM, would right now but the Ball joint bug sucks..
My stock ball joints are still in good shape.. for now anyway.. Drive it hard and i bet they dont last long regardless of what brand they are..

Thats my rant..
It was the only thing I had on hand to show how low it was.... I know FAIL!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Old setup, McGaughys 5/7...front:2"spindles 3"springs, rear:flipkit, shackels.

I had nitto-420s 255/55/18s...front valance was about 2" off the ground.

Name:  Picture011.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  58.2 KB
Old 01-18-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had bedliner put in after I did the handle relocation and I had them spray the mounting plate.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CJ Hungus
Lets just say that it no longer has that valance on it. About the kit combos, I am running DJM 4" arms up front and a Mcgaughys flip kit in the back with the Mcgaughys air bags. I personally went with the arms up front to make sure I could get it aligned. When I purchased them they were having problems with the spindles/strut combos. I believe they have them figured out. You will get the complaint about the DJM and their crappy ball joints. I have been running mine for almost a year and haven't had a problem but if I do, Ill just swap them out for some Moogs. I am happy with my kit. Its rides stiffer than stock but I am running my stock strut setup in the front.
I'm thinking of changing my setup from coils and spindles to djm arms. How bad was the install and would you prefer control arms over my combo which is 2" coil and 2" spindle? My truck is nowhere near that low in the front btw.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

my 08' 5/9 on all kinds of rims lol

Name:  LS6SWAP025.jpg
Views: 3655
Size:  197.9 KB

Name:  Z025.jpg
Views: 2785
Size:  150.6 KB

Name:  s4.jpg
Views: 4583
Size:  92.7 KB

Name:  s3.jpg
Views: 4623
Size:  67.6 KB

Quick Reply: RCSB NNBS Drop Pics, come on post em!