Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Possible new truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I didn't think there was a whole lot of reason to have that remote start - but I've discovered that I love starting it up while I'm walking out of the house in the morning just so I can listen to it growl to life. That thing has the best stock exhaust system of any truck I've ever heard. Thank you, GM!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Remote start is cake. Most aftermarket alarms come with it. It is almost more expensive to get one without it. Any stereo shop can install it for you, professional is a must on alarms, I think. Some people do their own, but if you have any problems you are screwed... Food for thought.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT-1 SS
Well I bit the bullet it will be here friday and hopefully have everything switched over by sat. so I have some fun in it. It is just like mine in every way except it has the 6.2L , 373's and no remote start how hard is it to add that.
I got mine without Remote start cause i knew it would be easy to add on later for a cheaper price. The Key Fobs can be picked up as used or new from ebay (Here is one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=240765149630)
Or you can buy them directly from GM (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=17801236). The "Kit" comes with 2 key fobs and a code that the dealership uses to program the computer for the remote start function.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, you can add it to GM's without an alarm. Didn't even think about that route.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Launching!

if the truck has the remote start accommodations package all you have to do is add the remotes and program them to the truck. that's how mine was. dealer added remotes and programmed for free. they did it with out me even asking. you should try to pressure them in to it if you can. it won't say it on the window sticker but whatever the more detailed sheet the dealer has will show if it has it.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smrr1
if the truck has the remote start accommodations package all you have to do is add the remotes and program them to the truck. that's how mine was. dealer added remotes and programmed for free. they did it with out me even asking. you should try to pressure them in to it if you can. it won't say it on the window sticker but whatever the more detailed sheet the dealer has will show if it has it.

So what you are saying is, some trucks come with remote start but not the remotes? When I bought my Silverado it had remote start and the dealership gave me the wrong remotes. They didn't even know how to program them, I figured it out. They better program them for free, it only takes a couple seconds. It is an option in the DIC.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

I got it and i am loving it other than it has a top speed like 92. So i want a tune who should i go with? do they work on saterdays?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got tuned by Nelson, I would e-mail them to see what they could do. I didn't even realize about the governer. Mine shifts into 5th around 95...

I am sure people could recommend a tuner if they knew where you were.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gnasty1521
So what you are saying is, some trucks come with remote start but not the remotes? When I bought my Silverado it had remote start and the dealership gave me the wrong remotes. They didn't even know how to program them, I figured it out. They better program them for free, it only takes a couple seconds. It is an option in the DIC.
ya something like that. if you have access to the build sheet it is an option listed. they change out remotes and change the option in the DIC
Old 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those remotes are cheap. If the truck had it, you would think the dealership wouldn't skimp on $40, and make the customer really happy. Just doesn't make sense, but then again greed is an evil monster...

Quick Reply: Possible new truck