Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Ordered Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope they can do something and fast. rumor is their customer service has been lacking at times. keep us in the loop
Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

If there is anything that I can do to help you out let me know.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

IF whipples tune is based on a stock tune that is older than the stock tune in your truck, it may not load.
I had that problem with a Radix a few years back and had to send the handheld back to
Magnason for an update. The stock calibration was updated by the dealer and I could not reload the radix tune afterwards.
Could be a similar issue and Whipple may not be aware of that
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of handheld is it?
I know you might have to pull some fuses foraftermarket devices and onstar.
Make sure you have no ipod connected. Basically u want you truck turned on to accessories with nothing running. Nothing non factory connected to the truck. I know alot of the companies send DS predators with their custom tune downloaded on it. If it is a DS try looking up their forum and ask Mikel or anyone else in the tech support. They should have you up and running in no time.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Another update: I talked to Jeff at Whipple this morning. He said that superchips was working on the problem. Apparently, my truck contained a new file that superchips had not seen before. He said that it should be done by this afternoon. I know that Whipple has not had a great reputation for customer service, but I have to say that their customer service in my case has been fantastic. I have dealt with many aftermarket companies over the years and Whipple definitely ranks at or near the top from my personal experience. With luck, I might be able to report that I'm up and running by this evening.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Launching!

nice!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait
Old 05-16-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boober
Another update: I talked to Jeff at Whipple this morning. He said that superchips was working on the problem. Apparently, my truck contained a new file that superchips had not seen before. He said that it should be done by this afternoon. I know that Whipple has not had a great reputation for customer service, but I have to say that their customer service in my case has been fantastic. I have dealt with many aftermarket companies over the years and Whipple definitely ranks at or near the top from my personal experience. With luck, I might be able to report that I'm up and running by this evening.
That's kind of what I was saying above, glad they fiqured it out in short order.
We need some tire burning videos.
Good luck.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

It's alive!! Got the update this afternoon and everything is running great! The system is really quiet! The extra power is very nice, like an executive jet taking off. I will be going to Norwalk in the next few weeks to get some 1/4 mile numbers. I will also post some pictures here. I am very pleased with the kit as a whole. All of the pieces are of a very high quality. There are some areas that they might want to address in their installation manual, but there are a surprisingly large amount of variations between GM truck models and engines, so much of it was model/engine specific.

For now, I'm going to keep an eye on things and make sure that nothing has worked loose. I also havent had much of an opportunity to fully dip into the power. I have HP Tuners software so I'm going to use the scanner to see how much boost it's making among other things.

Rich
Old 05-17-2011, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
If there is anything that I can do to help you out let me know.
Thanks for the offer. I actually would like for you to take a look and get your opinion. I'll PM you soon.

Quick Reply: Ordered Whipple