Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

LS7 MAF swap BIGGGGGG improvement!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
cam
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aha okay I'll I'll dig some up. Im on my desktop now I have a small netbook just for tuning i'll have a look later. Lots of logs to sort through.... and most of them were not WOT I had a hell of a time just to get the thing to rev past 4000 RPM that was the biggest gripe.

Theres a couple of threads over at HP I made about this if your curious
Old 04-26-2012, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

post some pics . . . how much more vac does it pull now ?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:34 PM
cam
TECH Addict

Man a lot of peeps are asking for pics I guess I better take some. I seldom if ever take pics of my stuff im pretty introverted I just LOVE to build and go fast hehe.

Anyways as I said its on my tuning netbook is in the car so I'll check and post some numbers later if I ever get done with work today its going nuckin futz up here.

Keep in mind as well that my tune is far from done I have no WB and have just been relying on the stock sensors to get this far but its all in the green aside from injector duty cycle maxxing out but thats okay i have new ones to put in as well so this could be in part why the LS7 MAF made such a big improvement. I dunno truthfully as this was a HELL of a swap to complete. It fought me every inch of the damn way....

But the torque from this thing..... WOW hehe

Seriously I can bomb around most on/off ramps at 2-4000 RPM in a much taller gear than I ever could with the head/cam LS1 I had in there before.

I dont post pics or vids anymore the cops up here dont play fair with us good ol boys. I swear the goal is to try and "create" new criminals or something but dont get me started on that crap...

As soon as someone sees you having fun it seems they find a way to wreck it. Bastages

Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM
cam
TECH Addict

Okay the MAF wasnt the big power adder i thought. It simply wasnt wired up properly ( the pink and black swap pins and I didnt even think to check ) so it wasnt working at all but this somehow allowed it to make more power untuned than with the stock truck MAF ever did by a landslide. Got it all sorted now but I wanted to update this as my revelations were premature. Sorry to get anyones hopes up

Runs REAL strong now though yeee haww!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I thought something was fishy here lol...didn't want to rain on any parades though. Just goes to show leaner is meaner. And I'd bet you were running pretty lean
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM
cam
TECH Addict

I think the main lesson learned here is DONT TRY AND OUTSMART OEM OS/ECM/BCM/TCM set ups. Yeah sure its great to have VVt and a t56 but considering all the BS I had to endure just to get it running normally? Not worth the hassle I shoulda went LS3/t56 C6 base file and run a static grind for this one. Its done now so Im pleased but it was Non stop battles for 6 months just trying to get this thing to run normally.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder if I can mod my MIT to accept a ls7 maf, has anyone done it yet?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to try the 4in intake with this MAF on my L92 motor with a maggie on it..

I run the stock tiny 3.5in MAF with the stock gutted airbox...

Glad you got yours running...any pics of your intake setup?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:20 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokymance
I want to try the 4in intake with this MAF on my L92 motor with a maggie on it..

Who does your tuning? Why not just go Speed density and get rid of the restriction all together?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokymance

after runing my old truck speed density, i will be the one to say just go speed density (at a certain point in your build). speed density eliminated a ton of issues the MAF was causing. i had some decent sized cams for the cubes though.

Quick Reply: LS7 MAF swap BIGGGGGG improvement!!!!