Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Honest opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were my truck Id leave it how it is. Looks clean.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

lot's of opinions,
I lowered my 4x4 but that bumper sucks.
lot's of great bully bars if you want a better presentation
Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

I like the black.....it'll match your wheels and doorhandles. A buddy of mine had a similar large ranchhand on his 1/2 ton and it did seem to weigh it down.....the nose of the truck was considerably pointed down...looked like a dog on a trail. Anyway I'm with the other guys on the bull bar. The large ranchhand would look more at home on a duramax
Old 02-13-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Well thanks guys for your input and other options. Ive decided to sway away from this as I have other things I could certainly use the money on!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thatta boy!!
Old 02-13-2010, 02:40 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Leave it alone, that's a damn good looking truck as is.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cheyenne383
Leave it alone, that's a damn good looking truck as is.
Thanks man! Your truck also look really good. I guess I was getting a little bored and wanted to do something.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

While I agree that just about anything added to the front of the truck disrupts that factory lines and is really hard to make look good, the factory front and rear bumpers are just about useless in any sort of an impact. It basically boils down to what your needs are, if it is purely aesthetics’ leave it alone (your truck looks good), if it is for function by all means do what you need to do.

I live just a little south of Houston and one of my co-workers has reduced the local deer population by 5 just last year alone. It’s gotten to the point that if he’s late to work, you can just about bet he’s skinning a deer…….LOL To make matters worse, he drives a little Toyota Tacoma for gas mileage and as you can imagine, it is starting to become worse for wear. He just about keeps a standing order in for grilles and bumpers and it’s getting where nothing will line up correctly. I think the only reason he hasn’t sustained more damage is because he keeps hitting the deer in the knee-cap’s instead of a body shot!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1Bear
While I agree that just about anything added to the front of the truck disrupts that factory lines and is really hard to make look good, the factory front and rear bumpers are just about useless in any sort of an impact. It basically boils down to what your needs are, if it is purely aesthetics’ leave it alone (your truck looks good), if it is for function by all means do what you need to do.

I live just a little south of Houston and one of my co-workers has reduced the local deer population by 5 just last year alone. It’s gotten to the point that if he’s late to work, you can just about bet he’s skinning a deer…….LOL To make matters worse, he drives a little Toyota Tacoma for gas mileage and as you can imagine, it is starting to become worse for wear. He just about keeps a standing order in for grilles and bumpers and it’s getting where nothing will line up correctly. I think the only reason he hasn’t sustained more damage is because he keeps hitting the deer in the knee-cap’s instead of a body shot!
Hahaha now thats pretty funny right there. Yeah this is just my daily driver well my only vehicle really and just wanted a little more agressive look to it.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that is a lil much, actually ugly..

Quick Reply: Honest opinions please