Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Grills - Denali style

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grills - Denali style

I've been looking at a lot of grills to put on my 2007 Siearra new body style. I really like the Denali grill and was wondering if anyone has done a similiar install. If so, was wondering what the cost was and how much of a pain it was to install. I like the Speed Grill from Street Scene which looks like the Denali grill, but the reviews are horrible. I am thinking I may lean towards the factory Denali grill if the price is right and the install isn't too bad....any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

I have the factory Denali grill...install wasn't bad at all. The hardest part is removing the painted bumper cap. It takes a considerable amount of force to release it...and it feels like it's going to break. Here is a link to a great "how-to" for grill removal from another site: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...dpost&p=478630.

Here's a pic of my grill:
Old 03-08-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh, and I picked up my Denali grill on fleabay for $279 + shipping.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
I have the factory Denali grill...install wasn't bad at all. The hardest part is removing the painted bumper cap. It takes a considerable amount of force to release it...and it feels like it's going to break. Here is a link to a great "how-to" for grill removal from another site: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...dpost&p=478630.

That looks great! And to the OP, personally I wouldn't use anything other than OEM GM parts.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the factory Denali grill...install wasn't bad at all. The hardest part is removing the painted bumper cap. It takes a considerable amount of force to release it...and it feels like it's going to break.
I installed my denali grille without taking off the top bumper cap.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

GMC also has an accessory Chrome grille that looks like the Denali grille, except that the holes are oval instead of round and the middle where the GMC logo is has a slight bulge. I've seen one up close and it's really a nice looking grille. I would say check with a GMC dealer. They may be having a "going out of business sale", the way things are looking these days... The dealer I bought my truck from in West Palm Beach stopped selling GMC pickups and yukons like three weeks after I bought mine.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CI DENALI
GMC also has an accessory Chrome grille that looks like the Denali grille, except that the holes are oval instead of round and the middle where the GMC logo is has a slight bulge. I've seen one up close and it's really a nice looking grille. I would say check with a GMC dealer. They may be having a "going out of business sale", the way things are looking these days... The dealer I bought my truck from in West Palm Beach stopped selling GMC pickups and yukons like three weeks after I bought mine.
I've seen this grille and think it is extremely ugly because of the weird angles on it.

it looks ok head on

but from the side....

just my opinion though. besides, a denali grille is about the same price.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 AM

I think I'm leaning for the OE Denali grill as well, thanks for the information..much appreciated.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

I put the denali upper/lower grilles in my truck. Wasn't a bad install.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nighthawk08
I've seen this grille and think it is extremely ugly because of the weird angles on it.

it looks ok head on

but from the side....

just my opinion though. besides, a denali grille is about the same price.
Yeah, I see what you mean, from certain angles, it does look like bent chicken wire! LOL!
Don't get me wrong, I prefer my Denali Grille by far! Just thought I would point out the option...

Quick Reply: Grills - Denali style