Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

driveshaft problems on nnbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black04silverado
Just get one built a friend of mine in an 07rcsb destroyed 2 before going and getting a built one. He hit 120 both times and they blew up. I wouldn't trust any nnbs drive shaft over 100.
I guess that goes for the 2500 d-shafts too? There steel... Lol
Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS6BEAST
Florida Powertrain and Hydraulics, Inc. built mine. They came to the shop at 2 pm took measurements and by 10 am the next day it was installed on the truck.
would you happen to know if they have general measurements for these trucks? i am pretty far from florida bein that i live in texas.. would they be able to mock one up from a previous measurement and send it out?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

03 True Fire do a google search on them, they have a web page and can better answer your questions. I know they have a couple of shops but I don't remember which one was the one that built my shaft. If I am not mistaken the shaft was about $250 or $300.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's where I got mine.

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/index.html

Last edited by wkdivr; 10-27-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driveshaft look super sick... how much did u pay for urs
Old 10-28-2010, 05:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silverado1ss89
Driveshaft look super sick... how much did u pay for urs
http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/c10_...iveshafts.html

depending his u-joints. 600 for 1310-1330s and 700 for the 1350s....
gotta pay to play.

my truck isnt 450rwhp but im sure its 420 and ive never had a problem with my stock d-shaft. yet, i dont go to the track all the time and i dont put my truck on the dyno.....so i guess there's no need to worry. at the track i dont lock my converter either so its not putting a strain on the driveline as much as locking the converter. times in the sig....i plan on going faster in due time
Old 10-28-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow that is a nice looking driveshaft.. i'll look into that.. thanks guys!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Hey,kinda new to the site but I have a 08 short bed 5.3 silverado. I had 9k worth of miles on it and installed a diablo tuner fyi wast of money,Anyway took it out on the highway one night to see what it would do hit 115 and all of a sudden I hear bang like someone is hitting a weed wacker on the side of a metal trash can! The next thing I notice was the truck turned off due the drive shaft ripping the fuel tank in half and also destroying my flowmaster 40 series. So i pulled over took off the diablo and disconnected the battery to try to cover up any tracks it may have left,reconnected it then hit the onstar button and have them drop it off at the dealer I bought it from and the began with them after two guys they flew in to look at it and saying they where going to put a block on my warranty and four days later they decided to repair and replace everything! Now i have 48k worth of miles and took off the diablo and put the limiter back on hahah runs great!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DirtNasty08
Hey,kinda new to the site but I have a 08 short bed 5.3 silverado. I had 9k worth of miles on it and installed a diablo tuner fyi wast of money,Anyway took it out on the highway one night to see what it would do hit 115 and all of a sudden I hear bang like someone is hitting a weed wacker on the side of a metal trash can! The next thing I notice was the truck turned off due the drive shaft ripping the fuel tank in half and also destroying my flowmaster 40 series. So i pulled over took off the diablo and disconnected the battery to try to cover up any tracks it may have left,reconnected it then hit the onstar button and have them drop it off at the dealer I bought it from and the began with them after two guys they flew in to look at it and saying they where going to put a block on my warranty and four days later they decided to repair and replace everything! Now i have 48k worth of miles and took off the diablo and put the limiter back on hahah runs great!
Sucks to hear that but its really common for them to blow. Im guessing it was an aluminum?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Sucks to hear that but its really common for them to blow. Im guessing it was an aluminum?
Ya it sure was! And to top it off when they installed my new drive line they over tightened my pinion drive nut causing my pinion drive bearing to go out on me on the last leg of my road trip to Douglas Wyoming! Talk about making metal,but the dealer in Douglas was nice enough to go in on a sunday and fix it for me.

Quick Reply: driveshaft problems on nnbs