40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Considering Dyno Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NKPPhil
Justin has dyno tune sessions all over the country. Check out the calendar at: www.blackbearperformance.com/calendar.asp
I had seen that! But next may/june I'm planning a huge trip down to salt lake city/ las vegas/ hoover damn/ anaheim/ san Diego/ los angeles/ san francisco and then ill come home up the coast so that's why I was like ill just meet him in cali while I'm there cause isn't he based out of san diego?
Old 06-15-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Justin is doing (or was doing) an in person tune near me and I asked him if I should go since I already had his autocal tune. He said don't bother, he can't do anything more in person than he can with data log. his words, not mine. I've also been told that a wideband is good to have, na or fi, but I still haven't invested in one yet.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KC_kid
Justin is doing (or was doing) an in person tune near me and I asked him if I should go since I already had his autocal tune. He said don't bother, he can't do anything more in person than he can with data log. his words, not mine. I've also been told that a wideband is good to have, na or fi, but I still haven't invested in one yet.
Hmmm fair enough. Maybe ill mention that idea to Justin and see what he says to me. He still hasnt got back to my original question about the further data logging.
I got in touch with 2007chevy5.3l and ordered a nnbs 52mm door pod so ill get myself a aem uego wideband and figure out the rest from there.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I could be way off here but I'm pretty sure I read where you can wire the wideband so that he can log it during the data log. maybe throw that question to him?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I could be way off here but I'm pretty sure I read where you can wire the wideband so that he can log it during the data log. maybe throw that question to him?
your right, it has 2 options, I'm reading install instructions right now
an analog output and a serial output
so it can be used /w EFI live to log.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just so I'm not quoting bad/false info here, this was the statement, and it was made by Jenna not Justin, but still BlackBear Performance...
"The AutoCal provides us with the same data that we get from inperson tunes. Unless you are having a major issue with something, there really is no reason to meet up for a tune update."
So maybe your problem could be helped "in person", I don't know enough about tuning.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the auto cal shows Justin the same thing as he sees in person. It just mite take longer through email. They do not want to give up a $250 spot so they can do a update. Justin does those at home when time allows.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just so I'm not quoting bad/false info here, this was the statement, and it was made by Jenna not Justin, but still BlackBear Performance...
"The AutoCal provides us with the same data that we get from inperson tunes. Unless you are having a major issue with something, there really is no reason to meet up for a tune update."
So maybe your problem could be helped "in person", I don't know enough about tuning.
does anybody here have EFILIVE thatd be willing to look at my log? its not the most current, he's sent me one minor tweak since then but maybe they'd see the issue? I really couldn't blame Justin if he overlooked a small detail cause he probly does 50 updates a day and half the time I get my updates from him at like 1AM!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Justin got back to me and requested some specific data logs, more so stop go stop go and hard accel hard stop just to focus on the idle surges and run ons.
my lap top is in for repair unfortunately so I cant ship those out till probly next week!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

so I'll stick with the data log stuff but I still wanna get on the dyno and see my numbers. what dyno should I look for?
I've heard mustang dyno isnt very accurate
theres a pretty decent guy with a Dyno Dynamics 450 DS who seems to get good reviews about the fact he isnt watching the clock and isnt set on 3 pulls only
theres a dynojet I could get on but I read somewhere those dont load it enough?
or does any of this really matter? a dyno is a dyno and I get a print out at the end haha

Quick Reply: Considering Dyno Tune