Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Best CAI for nnbs trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best CAI for nnbs trucks?

Coming fron a Titan and having good luck with the AEM I had on it, was considering that again. But there are so damn many of them out there, I have no idea where to begin.......lol. So I'm looking for best power gains, bang for buck and info on you guys who have 4'' ones.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same thing im.looking for lol
Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my honest opinion I didnt see/feel any gain from switching to a K&N CAI. If I were to do it again id mod the stock air box and switch to a K&N filter and put the money elsewhere.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

I have the vararam tri power and I like it! It's not made to my preference but it has good purpose! I got it shipped for 297 from Maryland speed! It has picked my truck up noticeably! I have some vid on here racing my brother before and after it! Good luck
Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search feature < "best cai" < this thread, by the one and only ^: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-money-487491/

Amazing what the search feature can do.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
In my honest opinion I didnt see/feel any gain from switching to a K&N CAI. If I were to do it again id mod the stock air box and switch to a K&N filter and put the money elsewhere.
Same here, I paid the dumb amount of money for volant....... Waste! No SOTP diff at all. Just mod the stock air box and drop a K&N.

CC05, Thanks for such a helpful post!!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CC05
Search feature < "best cai" < this thread, by the one and only ^: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-money-487491/

Amazing what the search feature can do.
Yeah that kinda went a lil bit into left field! Ha I could have been more specific I guess, but I "assumed" everyone would know what I was talking about! Sorry bout that!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know. I just felt the need to throw that out there. What I really should have put was: I've had four different intakes on my trucks that I've got now. I've had a K&N FIPK (with Spectre, K&N, and AEM dry-flo filter), a heat-wrapped Spectre, a custom made tube with Spectre filter, and the stock airbox. For the money, it's probably not worth it to upgrade unless you've got major mods. But, if you've already got the funds set aside and are intent on buying an intake, my favorite has been the K&N tube with AEM dry-flo filter. Just my two cents.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CC05
Yeah, I know. I just felt the need to throw that out there. What I really should have put was: I've had four different intakes on my trucks that I've got now. I've had a K&N FIPK (with Spectre, K&N, and AEM dry-flo filter), a heat-wrapped Spectre, a custom made tube with Spectre filter, and the stock airbox. For the money, it's probably not worth it to upgrade unless you've got major mods. But, if you've already got the funds set aside and are intent on buying an intake, my favorite has been the K&N tube with AEM dry-flo filter. Just my two cents.
Ha no harm done! I may have made an "ignorant" name for myself with that thread! Oh well.....to Gbody6liter, if u don't have a tune yet I would spend my money on that for sure! But that's just IMHO!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So it seems Airraid MIT with drop in is best bang for buck. Hmm.......since my truck is a '12, I have the 2bolt MAF. A bit more digging is needed me thinks. Thanks for the input so far.

Quick Reply: Best CAI for nnbs trucks?