Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

available cams for 6.2L sierra

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
Geoff has his own lobes no one else in the market will cut a cam on his lobes unless he says to. simple as that.
Pat G/ Geoff at EPS both great guys an will help in any way possible.
my friend went through Pat G for a custom cam, an Pat G reommended the EPS lobes.
so are the EPS lobes suppose to be more agressive than the LSL lobes? reason i ask, patrick just spected another cam out for my setup, and i talked to geoff who i ordered the cam through, neither mentioned the EPS lobes as i asked for the most agressive cam for my setup thats posible
Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skeet
so are the EPS lobes suppose to be more agressive than the LSL lobes? reason i ask, patrick just spected another cam out for my setup, and i talked to geoff who i ordered the cam through, neither mentioned the EPS lobes as i asked for the most agressive cam for my setup thats posible
The ramp rate is supposed to be easier on valvesprings than XE-R lobes, and LSL lobes are less aggressive than the XE-Rs. If you're getting Geoff to grind your cam you're definitely getting EPS lobes.

Last edited by Preston129; 03-25-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dunno man, i cant answer that directly. all i know is the pat g an EPS cams are getting a ton of results with a milder split/lift than anyone elses
Old 03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Preston129
It's hard to say zero bottom end loss when we don't have any data under 3500...I didn't mean 'limitations' like a vvt motor is only going to make half as much power as a non-vvt one, but you're still going to have a smaller number of cams to choose from
It's widely known that aftermarket L92 VVT CAM's (Mast & COMP) do not sacrifice bottom end…I see what you are saying in regards to CAM selection though.. ..

Don't mind me...I’m just biased and tend to embrace technology, the low end and top end efficiency of VVT can’t be denied. VVT CAM will better compliment a stock stall, another selling point for me since I tow 8k lbs in the summer. I keep hearing great feedback about Geoff, i'm going with EPS once I have 5k miles or so on my motor. I'll post the Stage2 CAM before and after results once completed...

Last edited by markislive78; 03-25-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
i dunno man, i cant answer that directly. all i know is the pat g an EPS cams are getting a ton of results with a milder split/lift than anyone elses

sorry for hijack!!

keniff i would have to agree, thats who spects my cams i just had my new one spected monday and purchased through geoff
Old 03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

I'm glad all of you have chimed in and bring up some points. I guess I would like to keep the vvt since it has both good upper and lower end since this is a 4x4 obviously lower end is important. I'm here to find out if I need to change the verter or not, how will it affect the 4x4 system? this truck is 90% pavement pounder 10% dirt roads. getting a spec'd cam is a good idea, but prob isn't a necessity if it costs a lot more. Also with changing the cam, am I correct that I will definitely have to change from stock springs and also change phaser.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by RXDawg
I'm glad all of you have chimed in and bring up some points. I guess I would like to keep the vvt since it has both good upper and lower end since this is a 4x4 obviously lower end is important. I'm here to find out if I need to change the verter or not, how will it affect the 4x4 system?
That's the luxury of VVT the stock stall is not a big issue, the dyno you saw had a Stage4 CAM which has a very high Tq peak. The milder CAM's are stump pullers out the hole...

Last edited by markislive78; 03-25-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Sigh; if I could install an LS3 cam into an L92........................
Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why cant you? same block/heads minus valve springs/sodium filled valves/stock cam/intake
Old 03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXDawg
Also with changing the cam, am I correct that I will definitely have to change from stock springs and also change phaser.
The cam phaser will keep you out of trouble with respect to PTV clearance as you increase lift and duration. Comp makes one that limits the valve timing from 50-20 degrees.

The stock valvesprings have 220lb open seat pressure and handle .501" valve lift (stock) in the L92, so if you're putting in a much more aggressive cam you'll want to match stiffer springs.

Pushrods would be something else you'll want to consider.

Quick Reply: available cams for 6.2L sierra