Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another happy customer!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

I would like to point out that it doesn't sound like the guy who bought the $1400 headers had more issues...... Although when Pacesetter has a Y-pipe for the 6l80e it would be a better comparison.

Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX
The installation was an absolute breeze. If ARH would have sent the correct Y-pipe to start with, we'd have been done in less than 3 hours. No fitment issues, excepting that the #1 and #3 tubes are EXTREMELY close to the steering shaft. Had to use a cutoff wheel to remove the protruding threads of the upper pinch bolt and part of the pinch bolt spring-steel flange nut. The battery cable to the starter solenoid had to be relocated forward. The oxygen sensor wiring all reached fine with no extensions necessary. My only fitment gripes have to do with the steering shaft intermediate shaft interference, and that the Y-pipe hangs down below the transmission crossmember just a touch.
Originally Posted by pl4yboy
I run the Pacesetters on mine. The Y pipe was a PITA with the 6l80e so I just modified it a little. I also modified it to have a 3.5" flange to mate up to the stock pipe. They fit just fine.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Coban
I would like to point out that it doesn't sound like the guy who bought the $1400 headers had more issues...... Although when Pacesetter has a Y-pipe for the 6l80e it would be a better comparison.

If ARH would have sent the correct Y-pipe to start with, we'd have been done in less than 3 hours.

the #1 and #3 tubes are EXTREMELY close to the steering shaft. Had to use a cutoff wheel to remove the protruding threads of the upper pinch bolt and part of the pinch bolt spring-steel flange nut.

The battery cable to the starter solenoid had to be relocated forward.

Yeah... my simple Y pipe issue vs those. I'll go ahead and say I had less issues.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

I would say for most people welding seems like much more of an inconvenience than cutting a bolt shorter and loosening another bolt.....
Old 12-29-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coban
I would say for most people welding seems like much more of an inconvenience than cutting a bolt shorter and loosening another bolt.....
Yep!

The mods I had to do took less than 15 minutes total. No big deal. I've been doing this kinda stuff since 1973, so I EXPECT a few issues with ANY aftermarket parts.

To be fair to ARH - they are by FAR the nicest and best fitting LT headers I've ever installed.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Pat Guerra is the man! You'll love his tune. He REALLY knows what he's doing. He did an outstanding job on my cam'd GTO I had.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Phantom_LS2
Pat Guerra is the man! You'll love his tune. He REALLY knows what he's doing. He did an outstanding job on my cam'd GTO I had.
That's what I've been reading!

Plus - Pat's been experimenting with the VVT tables on his wife's YD - optimizing for torque instead of fuel economy. He sez it REALLY wakes the 6.2 up!

Can't hardly wait for the 9th to get here!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Teching In

For you guys that are running LT's with stock cat-back... Do you have any video clips out there somewhere? I'd love to hear that sound. This is the route I plan to go.

Also is there a big difference in the systems that have the catted y-pipe and the ones with resonators that look like cats? Seems both would throw codes.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I put the 99-07 classic LPP Longtubes on my 07+ truck the week after christmas. I did it by myself with a 3/8" ratchet and a 1/2" torque wrench lol. It took about 5 hours by myself doing that and texting at the same time.

Install Ease - 5 Stars
Fit & Finish - 5 Stars
Value - 100x Stars

I've installed, ARH, Kooks, Stainless works, Ebay headers and now LPP now on various different vehicles and these fit just as good as the $1500 headers and I only paid $450 shipped (got in on group buy for christmas special). They're normally $500 shipped.

That being said, the one thing I dont like about them, is the coating. I wish I could have got them with a raw stainless finish rather than the polished stainless finish. At any rate, they fit awesome and didn't have any fitment issues. I put them both in from the top down.

Name:  2da8cbaa.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  116.7 KB
Name:  f81bfcd1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  99.6 KB
Name:  ba57d563.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  76.2 KB
Old 01-06-2011, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bbreed
For you guys that are running LT's with stock cat-back... Do you have any video clips out there somewhere? I'd love to hear that sound. This is the route I plan to go.

Also is there a big difference in the systems that have the catted y-pipe and the ones with resonators that look like cats? Seems both would throw codes.
The sound is simply awesome. I've always LOVED the sound of the stock 6.2 exhaust system, and with the headers and high-flow cats - it's even better! I wouldn't change my stock cat-back even if I would gain 20-30 HP, and I HIGHLY doubt that would be the case anyway.

Can't speak for any other header company's high-flow cats, but I'd imagine they're all pretty much the same. They are quite simply TOO SMALL and apparently flow too well to adequately reduce the emissions enough to keep from setting catalyst efficiency (P0420 and P0430) codes, and of course the OR Y-pipe will set codes as well.

Quick Reply: ARH header install experience . . .