Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

All Lights On Dash Go CRAZY under spirited driving!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GONEB4U
Cool. I would love to see some pics of your install. Who knows, maybe one of my 8 NOS bottles may find a home in the bed of my truck.
I took some photos for you, but they're too large to upload here. If you PM me an email address, I can send them to you.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry guys for taking awhile to respond. I had the truck up on a lift today and checked everything from front to back like crazy. I could not find one problem, loose wire or anything touching. Spirited driving still makes the dash go crazy. I even had a friend get under the truck while holding the truck in drive and tug on everything from front to back to see if it does anything. Nothing. I noticed that when just cruising down the road around 40-50mph and going downhill on decel, it would trip the service center to read serv stab and trac. But when I get back on the gas it usually goes away. Dash always goes crazy when pulling out of a parking lot and getting on the gas before the truck is straight. Then the lights on the dash would stay on until I shut the truck off. Sometimes it's still on at next start up but eventually goes away if you drive the truck like an old man. It's funny after my truck got tuned it would never do this for about 5-7 days. Then all of a sudden all the crazy lights on the dash are back when lead footing it. I don't know what the hell is going on.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

after reading your post again, sounds like a wheel speed sensor issue, abs, s/trac etc all
run off data from the sensors, if you can't find a loose wire or harness connection, take it to a shop with a scanner, read the codes and test drive with live datastream and see if you are getting a wheel speed variation.

Last edited by Allgonoshow; 09-15-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

I drove it with a scanner connected but nothing comes up. It doesn't throw a srv. engine light. I'll try to to drive it with a scanner to see what the wheel sensors are doing.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 PM
10 Second Club

I'm going ttt this because it is still doing all of the above and hasn't stopped. I'm thinking the bcm doesn't know what the hell is going on and causes the dash to go crazy. Anyone else have a theory ? Can I just replace the bcm with one from a junk yard ? Do I have to have the dealer reprogram the new one to my truck ?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BCM has nothing to do with the ABS, Traction control or Stabilitrak. YES BCM does have to be configured to your truck or it will not start, among other things. If you have a low end scan tool it probably does not show ABS codes or any real info. Really you need a Tech 2 scanner. There should be a stored code in the Freeze Frame information that will lead you in the right direction. As stated before I would be looking at the wheel speed sensors. I had a Denali last week that had a loose reluctor ring in the front hub. At low speeds it was fine. At certain speeds or turns it would go into full ABS mode. The reluctor would stop turning and the wheel speed sensor thinks that wheel is locking up so on comes the ABS. Before you start replacing parts have a pro check it out.
And, the "Check or Service Engine Soon light" are not at all related to ABS problems. So looking at drivability data will not help you.

Last edited by Mrgoodwrench3; 01-28-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey man i had similiar problems on my truck a couple weeks ago, lights goin crazy and all of them would come on and shut off. Mine ended up being a bad terminal ground on the negative side. It would get ground sometimes but when i got on it, it wouldnt. So if i was you do what i did and replace the stock ones with the $3 ones at an auto part shop and it may fix your problem
Old 01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

I checked out the truck with a Snap On scanner and we found nothing. I don't know anyone with a tech 2 scanner. I also checked all the grounds and it looked fine. I'll try to take a short vid of it happening and post it up here soon.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Here is another weird thing. The truck would act up every time I would get on it hard coming out of a parking lot or similar. But everytime we reflash my pcm with HP Tuners just for other reasons, the truck will NOT light up the dash. No matter how I beat on it the lights stay off for about a week and then come on occasionly and then always. Can someone explain that one ?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

I am . Know one has any ideas ?