Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

6.2L TVS owners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.2L TVS owners...

Will a BAP and 80lb injectors be enough to run 8lbs of boost on E85?
Also, what injectors are you using? Are they LS2 or LS3 length? They are ev6 connectors but what length?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

BAP's don't really work on our trucks.

I assume 80# at 58 psi? You're WOT rail pressure will be closer to 50psi so you're 80# injectors will actually flow a maximum of about 74# at WOT. I don't run E85 but have understood that it requires about 30% more flow. My guess is you might actually need a little higher flow rate.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ls2 injectors work but I had to space the rail for them. I am working to get some ID850s and I am being told that LS3s are too short at 34 mm vs the 52mm of the LS2. Apparently there is a 42 mm though, and I am trying to confirm whether or not it is the right length. Let me know what you find out.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Boober
BAP's don't really work on our trucks.

I assume 80# at 58 psi? You're WOT rail pressure will be closer to 50psi so you're 80# injectors will actually flow a maximum of about 74# at WOT. I don't run E85 but have understood that it requires about 30% more flow. My guess is you might actually need a little higher flow rate.
Can you elaborate on BAP not working on our trucks? I am looking at the JMS powermax kit and according to them it would work. There explanation was regardless of the type of pump, increasing the voltage will increase its pump speed.

The injector lengths are; 60mm = LS1. 48mm = LS2. 38mm = LS3

So maybe the LS2 injector will work?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

All BAP's must run through the fuel pump control module on our systems. Attempting to sidestep it will just blow fuses. Not to mention that there is also a pulse-width modulation that is given by the FPCM. The FPCM regulates the voltage to the pump, so increasing the voltage to it will have no effect on the fuel pump itself. The FPCM will just continue to deliver the same voltage. I have a Kenne Bell BAP on my truck and I can tell you after logging many runs monitoring the rail pressure, it doesn't do diddly squat.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Man I appreciate the knowledge/advice!! You just saved me $400...
So, will all you said about our fuel system what options do we have for getting more fuel?
Other than going to dual intank pumps, etc?

Is our factory pump capable of running 80lb injectors with E85 on 8lbs of boost or so?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

My assumption is that you're running an LQ9 since you're wanting to run E85. The factory pump is said to actually flow pretty well (more than a Walbro 255). Some people have said that the stock system can support 600whp with big enough injectors.

Unfortunately, options are limited and rather expensive to upgrade the stock flex fuel system. Most who are planning to go beyond the admittedly high limits of the stock system are choosing to convert to a return style with dual in-tank pumps, and a FPR. I had heard that there might be some new products being offered soon that will be plug and play and affordable but I haven't really bothered to look. I chose to add a methanol injection system to take care of any extra fuel needed as well as additional cooling. Smokeshow, mentioned that the fuel tank valve could possibly be changed for a higher pressure unit from a CTSV and that might allow higher rail pressures. I never explored that option but it actually sounded like it had promise.

There seems to be 2 main camps, the high HP guys who are running return style and the NA guys/low boost guys who won't reach the limit of the stock fuel system. Those few of us who are stuck in the middle are left to be the Guinea pigs for lower cost options to get the proper fueling. That being said, larger injectors have been an easy bandaid for the turbo guys. I haven't heard them complaining about fuel pump supply to 85# injectors so my assumption is that the stock flex fuel system seems capable of supporting it. I would probably have just gone with bigger injectors myself but I drive quite a bit on the highway and my mileage is already taking a hit. The meth was about the same price as anew set of injectors and I get extra cooling (can run more boost) as well.