Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

6.2 gmt 900 review

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.2 gmt 900 review

Hey guys, Im starting to do research on my next truck and Im thinking an 07+ GMC Sierra Denali AWD white with black interior will do and eventually levelin it out with 33's and intake tune and probably keep the factory muffler but change the tips-. What I wanted to know is how you guys are enjoying your trucks, what you have had wrong, lots of rattles, or general complaints with the vehicle. Also what kind mileage yall are getting, how the trans is holding up and with what power. Basically everything lol Thanks in advance for the help-
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have an 11GMC Sierra 6.2L Closetest you can get to a denali with out the 50K price tag.
The truck is solid, ride is beautiful. Brakes quick,speed is amazing. Only complaints i have is after i tuned mine i felt like it should have came stock that way. Makes huge improvement. I could have bought a better truck!

Where at in League city you live? I'm over in Bay Colony.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

I just picked up my 2010 Denali last week. It was a higher milage trade-in so I got it dirt cheap even though it is in great condition. I have a Whipple supercharger kit on the way so the mods have already started for me. If you aregoing with 2wd, you shouldn't have any troubles with a leveling kit, but the AWD is much more difficult to do. The only solutions I have found are body lift kits.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up my 2011 Silverado 6.2 4x4 on Monday, after the dealer had finished installing the leveling kit and 33" tires I wanted. Drives like a dream. I only have 275 miles on it right now, but it handles great and the power is great. Why exactly do you want a Denali? Have you investigated a 4x4 of the next trim level down? Lifts with big tires and full-time AWD can be funky bedfellows.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have had mine for a year but only about 12,000 miles.
Mods in signature.
Quality wise, no issues whatsoever, a little wind noise around the door seals maybe.
Mine is an LTZ and NHT. My nht tow rating is 10,000 pounds.
I don't care for the hvac controls, buttons are small and low in the dash, you need to take your eyes off the road most times to change stuff.
Also, the woodgrain in the dark interior makes it a bit dull. I am going to order the Avalanche brushed alum. panels to replace the wood grain

Performance wise, well, it really doesn't get much better for stock trucks, a tune and nothing else will make them awesome.
Even if the tune didn't make an ounce more power,the improved shifting, removing pe delays, TM etc makes a truck that is an absolute pleasure to drive.
I run factory 17"s in the winter with snows and GM 20'S with 285/50/20 in the summer.
I like it.

Also to the origional poster, like rjwz28 said , unless you want a Denali, you can get a 4x4 nht ltz, way less money.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Man Motor club

/\ I was also going to suggest an NHT LTZ (mine is an NHT LT, I didn't want all the extras) but I get the idea that he probably likes the styling of the GMC better (that tends to be the motivation for going with one or the other). Regardless, a well-optioned NHT 4x4 makes far more sense than a Denali if you are going to level it and throw bigger tires on, and anything that can't be ordered on a lower trim truck can be easily added if you need the Denali bling factor.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rjwz28
/\ I was also going to suggest an NHT LTZ (mine is an NHT LT, I didn't want all the extras) but I get the idea that he probably likes the styling of the GMC better (that tends to be the motivation for going with one or the other). Regardless, a well-optioned NHT 4x4 makes far more sense than a Denali if you are going to level it and throw bigger tires on, and anything that can't be ordered on a lower trim truck can be easily added if you need the Denali bling factor.
Yeah, whatever the GMC eqivalent is to a LTZ, SLT?
Old 02-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Man Motor club

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
Yeah, whatever the GMC eqivalent is to a LTZ, SLT?
I believe so
Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
I have an 11GMC Sierra 6.2L Closetest you can get to a denali with out the 50K price tag.
The truck is solid, ride is beautiful. Brakes quick,speed is amazing. Only complaints i have is after i tuned mine i felt like it should have came stock that way. Makes huge improvement. I could have bought a better truck!

Where at in League city you live? I'm over in Bay Colony.
Im off FM96, if you ever see a lifted black 4runner with a front replacement bumper thats me-

The reason Im looking more at the denali are these reasons:
Price-Im looking around 25k with the 6.2 AWD so Ill have an older 07 or 08

its easier to find a denali than an slt with the same motor loaded out and the denali will hold its value better, already has painted to match bumpers and extra goodies.

they didnt put the good drivetrain until 2010 in chevys and I prefer the gmc front facia for some reason

The pimp factor is pretty nice as well and I want to spoil myself before kids show up one day

As for the lift/leveling kit, I hear its a hit or miss if it messes with the AWD or gives vibrations or not so Im still debating a body lift on the hydraulic body mounts and trying to move the hitch up so it doesnt look like ****. Not sure which route Ill go yet
Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love my 2010 chevy LTZ 4x4 6.2. have done exactly what you are talking about and love it. gas mileage is marginal but good for such a big truck (i also have 3.73's so that makes a difference). I have a DMH 2.5" leveling kit (brought it up a hair over 2 inches in the front) and added 33" BFG KM2's. Added a DMH electric cutout for some noise whenever I want it...factory muffler sounds decent. Added some window tint to the front windows too to match the factory dark glass in the rear. Ride is definitely effected by the tires but its still very comfortable.

Still haven't gotten a tune due to possible warranty issues. I added a bugshield to the hood but it makes a lot of noise for some reason; maybe due to the way the wind hits it and then hits the windshield. My damn truck had to go in at 2k miles for smoking on startup and they replaced overaggressive lifters on the side near the PCV system. Other than that, great truck.

What is the acronym NHT?

Last edited by LS1Aggie09; 02-18-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 6.2 gmt 900 review