Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

2010 6.2 - exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 6.2 - exhaust sound

Itching to get my tune but wanting to improve my exhaust note along with an intake before doing so. It needs little something else over stock to tickle my ears.
From what I read, the factory cat back has little or no inefficiencies in it, so I planned to just follow the popular trend of LT's with factory cat back. If I do go this route, I'll go the econo-mode and get OBX or pacesetter... given I'm really just looking to pick a bit more growl and not as concerned with inching out every possible hp or lasting 10yrs.

Does anyone have other suggestions to consider that will give me a QUALITY growl... not loud or annoying.

Oh, if someone can give me the secrete to make it sound like my neighbors new z06 I'll give you a GOLD STAR!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bbreed
Itching to get my tune but wanting to improve my exhaust note along with an intake before doing so. It needs little something else over stock to tickle my ears.
From what I read, the factory cat back has little or no inefficiencies in it, so I planned to just follow the popular trend of LT's with factory cat back. If I do go this route, I'll go the econo-mode and get OBX or pacesetter... given I'm really just looking to pick a bit more growl and not as concerned with inching out every possible hp or lasting 10yrs.

Does anyone have other suggestions to consider that will give me a QUALITY growl... not loud or annoying.

Oh, if someone can give me the secrete to make it sound like my neighbors new z06 I'll give you a GOLD STAR!
ZO6 = Corsa.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

electric cutout....be done with it. loud when you want it and quiet when you dont all with the flip of a switch in the cab. there are a few threads about this already and i post the same thing in every one since i am so happy with mine. DMH 3.5" electric cutout and a GOOD welder can do wonders. mine looks almost like it was from the factory
Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

I have a resonated Aeroturbine muffler on my 6.2. I did leave my stock rezzy cause the wife doesn't like highway drone. What sucks is that aeroturbine went out of business but I know where there are some in stock still. We tried, flowmaster, magnaflow, cherrybomb, & borla. I thought the aero had the best exhaust note.

Here is the only sound clip I could find. This is not my truck, but I hope it helps.

08 sierra denali exhaust clip aero muffler - YouTube
Old 09-13-2011, 05:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
ZO6 = Corsa.
Is this what they come with from factory, or are u just saying that corsa will give it the raspy pop like vets have? I personally dont think that sound note will go good with the looks of a truck, Almost make it seem like 2" dual straight pipe when coming from a truck
Old 09-13-2011, 05:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
electric cutout....be done with it. loud when you want it and quiet when you dont all with the flip of a switch in the cab. there are a few threads about this already and i post the same thing in every one since i am so happy with mine. DMH 3.5" electric cutout and a GOOD welder can do wonders. mine looks almost like it was from the factory
I agree with this 100%!!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's just saying that the Corsa will make it sound like a factory Z06; Z06s run GM muffs with a butterfly valve in them.

Trending Topics

Old 09-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the input guys! I may spend a little more time looking into those cutouts. I've found a few threads on them but can someone answer: ...at what location in the exhaust would the cutout be best located? between the Y and the muffler?

I also have to say that aero turbine muffler sounds pretty clean. congrats on that! Is that the AT3535 or the AT3535XL?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

I had a Vortec glass pack style muffler installed in place of the factory and then removed the resonator. Eventually I am going to pick up a Corsa cat back once I get my LT's and all that but for now I like how it sounds and can't beat it for the price.

There are some other videos in my channel that you can hear the exhaust in as well
Custom Exhaust on 2011 GMC Sierra with 6.2L - YouTube
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
ZO6 = Corsa.
I agree.

Quick Reply: 2010 6.2 - exhaust sound