GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

2008 Key fob troubles

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tig
No kiddin, I do remember us chatting sometime ago. Where are you building boats?
I did that for about a year, wasn't bad but, with a family I need insurance which he did not provide. It was unfortunate but I had to do what's best for me and the fam.

Seriously, it certainly is.

Things are going well. I'm actually doing all the mold maintenance/fabrication at Parker now.
I am building boats in Marshallberg, a 3 minute bicycle commute from home.

https://www.budsin.com/en/

I worked for a while at Jarrett Bay Boatyard and passed Parkers place ever day. That's a big outfit and I've heard that they are expanding.

I sure understand about meeting your family needs come first.

Good to hear that things are going well for you.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:10 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by One eyed Jack
I am building boats in Marshallberg, a 3 minute bicycle commute from home.

https://www.budsin.com/en/

I worked for a while at Jarrett Bay Boatyard and passed Parkers place ever day. That's a big outfit and I've heard that they are expanding.

I sure understand about meeting your family needs come first.

Good to hear that things are going well for you.
Wow, those boats are beautiful. Love that type of craftsmanship, the wood working is incredible. And that is quite the commute too hahaha.

They were recently bought out and are now a part of a bigger organization out of FL. I have nothing to complain about, I have my own shop make my own schedule. The benefits could be a little better but, other than that everything is great.

Thank You, I hope everything is going well with you also. If you are ever coming out to MHC shoot me a message and we can meet up.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tig
Wow, those boats are beautiful. Love that type of craftsmanship, the wood working is incredible. And that is quite the commute too hahaha.

They were recently bought out and are now a part of a bigger organization out of FL. I have nothing to complain about, I have my own shop make my own schedule. The benefits could be a little better but, other than that everything is great.

Thank You, I hope everything is going well with you also. If you are ever coming out to MHC shoot me a message and we can meet up.
I had heard that Lynwood Parker had been bought out. He did very well with his business.

Sounds like your situation there is pretty good. Congratulations!

I hit M-Head pretty much every weekend. (Weekend shopping. I'm a bachelor, gotta do my own.) I'll shoot you a message.

Old 10-18-2021, 06:47 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

I had heard that Lynwood Parker had been bought out. He did very well with his business.

Sounds like your situation there is pretty good. Congratulations!

I hit M-Head pretty much every weekend. (Weekend shopping. I'm a bachelor, gotta do my own.) I'll shoot you a message.
He certainly did.

So far so good, Thank You

Haha gotcha, sounds good my friend
Old 11-06-2021, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

I haven't had the truck checked with a tech-2. After some initial confusion, the trouble seems to be the aftermarket key-less entry fob that I got from Amazon.

The truck came with just one fob and I bought a cheapo second one from Amazon. The original works fine, the aftermarket junk needs reprogramming every time I use it.

Time to invest in another quality fob, I guess.
Old 11-09-2021, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

I haven't had the truck checked with a tech-2. After some initial confusion, the trouble seems to be the aftermarket key-less entry fob that I got from Amazon.

The truck came with just one fob and I bought a cheapo second one from Amazon. The original works fine, the aftermarket junk needs reprogramming every time I use it.

Those Chicom fobs never last. Some work ok but the housings fall apart after a year. A real fob will have the "how to" diagram on the back. Look for the Cadillac EXT fobs, they work on ours too and are more durable.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Angry

Originally Posted by swathdiver
Those Chicom fobs never last. Some work ok but the housings fall apart after a year. A real fob will have the "how to" diagram on the back. Look for the Cadillac EXT fobs, they work on ours too and are more durable.
Thanks for your advise Diver. I'll do a search. I am a believer in "you get what you pay for" but the lure of a $15.00 fob got me.
The following users liked this post:
swathdiver (11-10-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 02:57 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

I found these and have had decent luck with them so far. I used my VIN through I think GMPartsgiant or GMPartonline to get them.
Fits GM 22951508 OEM 4 Button Key Fob | eBay

Originally Posted by swathdiver
Do you happen to have a link to the Caddy fobs?
I use the ones above but like the look of the Caddy fobs haha.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Hey Tig,

Thanks for the link. I haven’t found the Caddy fobs, yet. Was thinking to ask Diver for Link. Maybe he’ll respond again.
The following users liked this post:
Tig (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 06:06 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Any time my friend.
I'm waiting to see if he does to haha

Quick Reply: 2008 Key fob troubles