PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/)
-   -   2008 Key fob troubles (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/2008-key-fob-troubles-558992/)

One eyed Jack 10-10-2021 08:04 PM

2008 Key fob troubles

Did a search, read a lot of threads, still not sure what my trouble is.

Bought an 08 Silverado 4 months ago. It came with one key fob. Bought another, (el cheapo) from amazon.

All good for 4 months. I know how and have used the programing procedure using the info buttons on the dash.

3 days ago I went to unlock the door and neither fob would work. Reprogrammed both fobs and they will work for an hour or so and then lose contact with the truck, again.

New batteries in both fobs.

In studying the threads on key fob problems I am guessing that I may have a passenger door module problem?

Thanks in advance for all input.

swathdiver 10-11-2021 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by One eyed Jack (Post 5503074)
Did a search, read a lot of threads, still not sure what my trouble is.

Bought an 08 Silverado 4 months ago. It came with one key fob. Bought another, (el cheapo) from amazon.

All good for 4 months. I know how and have used the programing procedure using the info buttons on the dash.

3 days ago I went to unlock the door and neither fob would work. Reprogrammed both fobs and they will work for an hour or so and then lose contact with the truck, again.

New batteries in both fobs.

In studying the threads on key fob problems I am guessing that I may have a passenger door module problem?

Thanks in advance for all input.

Who do you know with a Tech-2? If there's a problem, there are internal codes telling you what and why. The Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) controls the FOBS and TPMS.

One eyed Jack 10-11-2021 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by swathdiver (Post 5503078)
Who do you know with a Tech-2? If there's a problem, there are internal codes telling you what and why. The Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) controls the FOBS and TPMS.

Thanks for your response.

I do know someone with a tech-2.

The truck currently doesn't have the TPM sensors. I've been lining things up to put sensors in the tires.

Tig 10-15-2021 09:07 AM

Post up what you find out, I'm curious to know.

One eyed Jack 10-16-2021 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tig (Post 5503232)
Post up what you find out, I'm curious to know.

I will post a follow up.

Tig 10-17-2021 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by One eyed Jack (Post 5503270)
I will post a follow up.

Sounds good.

Where about do you live? I'm also on the coast of NC

One eyed Jack 10-17-2021 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tig (Post 5503295)
Sounds good.

Where about do you live? I'm also on the coast of NC

Marshallberg, Downeast of Morehead City and Beaufort, at the intersection of Core Sound and The Straight's.

Tig 10-17-2021 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by One eyed Jack (Post 5503296)
Marshallberg, Downeast of Morehead City and Beaufort, at the intersection of Core Sound and The Straight's.

Gotcha Haha, I'm in Morehead too funny.

One eyed Jack 10-17-2021 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tig (Post 5503297)
Gotcha Haha, I'm in Morehead too funny.

Hey Tig. I believe that you and I "met" on this forum, 2 to 4 years ago. I am a boatbuilder and if I remember it right, you were looking into going to work in the marine tower business?

Small world, huh? How are things going?

Tig 10-17-2021 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by One eyed Jack (Post 5503298)
Hey Tig. I believe that you and I "met" on this forum, 2 to 4 years ago. I am a boatbuilder and if I remember it right, you were looking into going to work in the marine tower business?

Small world, huh? How are things going?

No kiddin, I do remember us chatting sometime ago. Where are you building boats?
I did that for about a year, wasn't bad but, with a family I need insurance which he did not provide. It was unfortunate but I had to do what's best for me and the fam.

Seriously, it certainly is.

Things are going well. I'm actually doing all the mold maintenance/fabrication at Parker now.