Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

09 Orange Regular Cab Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zerotrace,
Great pics of your build, man that's alot of work.
Which brand of h/ights are you running?

I beleive the deal on driveshafts is the fact that they are balanced from the factory to match the tire speed rating and speed limiter.
Running on the road or dyno beyond that shaft rpm gets risky.
Having the stock shaft balanced for higher speeds may help.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Not sure what the brand of headlights were.. I dont think they have a brand really.. I just looked around on ebay for awhile to find matching black lights all around.. And just bought them.

Thanks it has been forever since I bought the truck until now with all the work.. I just want to drive it.

I wouldnt go above the stock speed limiter of 98 after what ive seen since mine broke at 120 mph .. So I say you are correct in what you said.. But hopefully tomorrow ill go and pick up my new driveshaft and i wont have to worry about it again
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nicky g
ive gotten mine up to 120 without any vibrations from the drive shaft but since i got the procharger im worried the drive shaft will snap if i get to high in the rpms. At first when i installed the procharger the people from procharger said that i would have to get all new brackets and piping but use the same procharger, then i sent them a pic of the set up and they were like hell i guess it does work good on it lol
I have heard as long as you get them balanced they are pretty good.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

My tuner took my 08 crew cab to 165 on the dyno, i about killed him but driveshaft held together.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Teching In

I got the new 4inch thicker walled driveshaft installed last week. Seems to be holding up for now.
Anyone wishing to swap in a 6l90e and wanting a custom drive shaft the yoke in the front is a (massive and rare) 1410, and the rear is a (normal) 1350.

I had a Traction control issue that I thought was related to the tranny swap. Turns out after some tech II action it was just a bad wheel speed sensor. Installed a new one and bam, ABS, and TC lights went off.. Now I have traction control.. Now Ill have to go back and read the thread I saw about how much it sucks on our trucks.. and look into the toggle switch or whatever off the fuse to really turn it off.

Only real thing that sticks out now is the remote start doesnt work. It primes the fuel pump but stops there. I am guessing its maybe since I dont have a FPCM anymore?

I am thinking I might want to install a gear selection shifter like comes stock on the 6speeds..But wondering if that will be a hassle with rewiring or simple plug and place swap.. Or maybe even paddles??!!!!

I will try the new shaft pics posted tomorrow.At the least I will post some more early next week.. Since I plan on taking the truck to get the turn finished this weekend that was interrupted by the drive shaft failure.

Last edited by zerotrace992; 02-10-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 AM

nice build
Old 02-10-2011, 03:55 AM
Launching!

good luck on the retune hopefully it stays together this time. Its a great looking truck too by the way. Made me want the SS bumper cover even more. Only 36 days till leave and it will be mine.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Well the drive-shaft held up at least for now..

There are alot of little odds and ends that need to be done for me to consider the truck done (at least for now)...

Like I have to change out grills since In had an aftermarket one and the ss mesh doesnt fit those since there isnt a "bowtie bump" in the center.

I also ordered some of the strongest VHB tape I could find to try and keep the roll pan from working loose.. It seems to be a problem some people are having I hope it solves it..

Anyway you get the point..

I have updated the album with most of the pics to this point.. As well as my posts on the first page of this thread with videos...
I plan on when track season starts around here taking it to the track and seeing what kind of times I run.. Then the last extra post i reserved should be filled.

Meat of it below...

Dyno Pull with the drive-shaft staying together under the truck!!!

[youtube]ZI-IwySgdP8[/youtube]

Final Hp Numbers at around 10 psi

Also I drove a little over 204 miles, 180 of those miles were on interstates averaging a speed of around 80.. Ended up getting 16mpg.. Good????

Last edited by zerotrace992; 02-21-2011 at 11:43 AM.