Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

08 GMC all-terrain

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i wanted a 4 cylinder i wouldt have paid the price of a V8, I bought the truck and drove it to myrtle beach and soon as i got back it was disabled and tuned, Now i getter better milage and i dont hear the Shitty sound through my exhaust when DOD kicks in...lol
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

but then again, you paid for the AFM, so theres something else to think about...
my AFM is disabled as well, but when i get hptuners im going to enable it again to see what kind of mpg numbers i can get...
while running on my stock tune whenever i put the tow/haul on or shifted out of od, the AFM would turn off, so there's a way to disable it without tuning...
Old 02-27-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SIERRA323
but then again, you paid for the AFM, so theres something else to think about...
my AFM is disabled as well, but when i get hptuners im going to enable it again to see what kind of mpg numbers i can get...
while running on my stock tune whenever i put the tow/haul on or shifted out of od, the AFM would turn off, so there's a way to disable it without tuning...
It works well on my truck, getting 20mpg in town. Several guys on hptuners board are bumping up mileage pretty good by maximizing their afm parameters for their truck.

Exhaust companies are going to have to offer upgraded parts so you don't get the change in tone, every manufacture is going to some sort of DOD these days...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Teching In

I drive a lot of highways and would like to adjust the 4cyl mode to stay on with a bit more throttle, seems I just bairley cannot stay in 4cyl if on a flat surface and hold a constant ~110 km/h. Is there anyone who can do this? How well does the v-max do in 4 banger mode?
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05colorado
I drive a lot of highways and would like to adjust the 4cyl mode to stay on with a bit more throttle, seems I just bairley cannot stay in 4cyl if on a flat surface and hold a constant ~110 km/h. Is there anyone who can do this? How well does the v-max do in 4 banger mode?
Yeah seems 110km/hr is right at the limit...my truck will hold at 105+ but once you hit 115 or so stays in V8 most of the time...I have not done any flashing yet but have HPTuners and am researching.Several guys have changed the throttle position plus vacuum tables and moved the band up a fair bit. The only question in my mind is what that might be doing to the engine, lugging those 4 cylinders a bit more may not be the best in the longterm health of the engine or it may not do anything at all...
Old 02-27-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Moderate changes to the AFM parameters won't hurt anything. The stock AFM settings are programmed as they are because it is a truck and expected to haul/tow things. GM states the Tow/Haul button doesn't need to be used until GVW reaches 75% of maximum so if you aren't planning on any light towing adjust the duty cycle and throttle percentages to keep the AFM engaged longer.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Teching In

I would also suspect that the AFM settings are very mederate so as it switches from 4 to 8 you dont feel as the the engine just gained 4 cyls of power, right now i can only tell due to the different exhaust note and maybe a slight change in feeling.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Import Moderator

why is everyone disabling there AFM, is the throttle response on the highway not as fast?
Old 02-27-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beastmode
why is everyone disabling there AFM, is the throttle response on the highway not as fast?
throttle response in general is **** in these trucks....
Old 02-27-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIERRA323
throttle response in general is **** in these trucks....
Not mine...not anymore anyway!

Quick Reply: 08 GMC all-terrain