Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

you need to read this.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 03:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
So he distributes for Proflash. Thats why hes talking it up. Maybe we need to get the designated Westers Cheerleader to post in there (Butch02). Im going to make an assumption that Wkdspd has never used Edit or HPTuners. I think that he used a HPP3 for so long it has clouded his brain.
LOL the Westers Cherreladertsd ah **** it, i cna't speel that tonight. HAHHAAHHAHAHAHA

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
well they deleted my thread, I questioned it, they told me it was a "family site" so I said well maybe someone wants to buy it to protect their "family"
so one of the mods got smart and said "this isnt fullsizeguns.com" so I said, well this must be gayassmoderators.com, and poof I disappeared.

Eh well, it's good for laughs now!! lol. Seems the new assclown place is GMFS. hahahah oh yeahg, i will ssee you etomorrow for them headerss!
Old 06-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

so for all of us with near stock trucks and modded trucks and do not have a spe proflash we are kidding ourselves. this is what he said---

Im not sure where you guys get your information, probably from the rumors and half-truths found on a 1000 other boards like this one, which you take and assess any way you feel fit. everyone needs to take a second and read back over what has been posted, you will realize that for the most part we are all talking about 2 different things - the result is you guys flying off the handle and flaming me for things that arent even relative, much less based in fact.

that being said, here's the gist - Im referring to the absolute power, function, and versatility available with a handheld for the everyday owner, one who's major mods are in the ballpark of a cat-back and a cold-air intake. for your basic bolt-on vehicle, the Proflash can and will and has delivered the same results as a "custom" tune. you guys cant even get a "custom" tune straight - you do of course realize that the only way to get a "custom" tune is by having it built in real time on a dyno or on the street, or by transferring real-time data back and forth until the optimal tune is reached. all of the "custom" tuners that you are referring to that you can buy through the mail are all a certain program that that tuner has had a lot of success with and is flashing copies of those parameters. if you have two trucks with the exact same mods and you both order the exact same tune from a programmer, do you really think that tune is going to yield the exact same numbers in both trucks? NO! of course not, thats not the way it works. for every bolt-on truck that orders a custom tune, they are getting the same basic tables flashed as the next guy, with the only changes being made in the features such as shift firmness, speedo cali, etc. sound familiar? its the same thing the Proflash does! it downloads your stock tuning to its memory, then re-flashes the computer with its own tables!

the only reason Im persisting with this is that I hate to see folks that are misinformed, especially when that misinformation is being broadcast in a place I feel at home. Ill repeat what Ive said in previous posts - I have nothing against custom tunes, Ive had many made for customer's and my own applications, but they have their place, and for the most part they arent necessary until you get into more major mods such as cam/heads/etc. the difference between my claims and the ones I see here in these posts is that where you guys are speaking from singular experience and a bunch of speculation, Im speaking from years of my own testing, r&d, and proven results both on the dyno and on the street. how do I know that SPE's tuning is available out to the limits of a stock engine? because Ive seen it work on the dyno, and Ive seen the same engines I tested the Proflash on yield the exact same numbers at the hands of an experienced and locally well-known LS1 Edit tuner. Im convinced not from someone else's claims, but through my own work and the incredibly happy customers that I work for. nobody fed me anything, and the lube isnt necessary for either of us, either to get my head out of my rear, or for you to get your foot out of your mouth. Im glad you guys are very happy with your programming, and its great that you stand behind it, but until you can stand your arguments on your own information then maybe you ought to do some more research.

thats it, Im done, flame away if you feel its necessary, Im done with this thread. have fun, and good luck with your projects!

that is what the last guy said. i think he is a profash distributor.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone - We need to find 02Denali something better to do.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

my asm;s will be here this week and then the exhaust will be put on soon. i just thought that this was a good bit of info. ok i will stop now.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya fsc.com is gay. never seen a site filled with more bullhshit. all the moderators are gay too
Old 06-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 02denali
my asm;s will be here this week and then the exhaust will be put on soon. i just thought that this was a good bit of info. ok i will stop now.
So with those mods do you think you'd be better off with a SPE Proflash tune or a custom tune?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
So with those mods do you think you'd be better off with a SPE Proflash tune or a custom tune?
Old 06-15-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

So, is the only thing you guys do here is complain about other sites
Old 06-15-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Y2KSierra
So, is the only thing you guys do here is complain about other sites
actually this is a rare bashing thread
Old 06-15-2004, 12:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ILLNALI
actually this is a rare bashing thread

ok, cool, i rarely read the lounge here, mostly just the appearance and performance, so i was curious

Quick Reply: you need to read this.