Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Worst Speeding Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst Speeding Tickets

I was just wondering who besides myself has ever gotten a really Bad speeding ticket. My worst was 105 in a 55. It happened a few years ago after I got off of work on the evening shift about 2 am. I was on my way home, country highway with no traffic. Somebody comes from behind and gets right on my bumper with their brights on and i can't see a thing. Well, I think it is one of the guys I work with, we are always cuttin up with each other on our way home. I decided to see just how bad he wanted to ride my bumper so I grab for 3rd and the race is on. We went for about a mile and I started to leave him then I noticed something unusual about my buddy's ride, it has blue light flashing on top. State Trooper. Dang!!! Cuffed and Stuffed. I got to grab the hood and spread em and everything. The trooper cut me some slack and only put 103 on the ticket. Gee, thanks. I was sentenced to 30 days, fined 1200 and given 40 hours for community service, thank goodness i knew the DA's assistant and got the fine cut to 700 and no jail time. Not bad for a first ticket huh?

My only regret is I did not get a copy of the picture with me holding up the little black sign with my name on it. I guess you can't have it all.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Worst Speeding Tickets

At least this did not happened Mexico. Mexican jails are the worst. You don't ever want to end up there.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:33 PM
14 Second Truck Club

oh yeah... mexican jails suck big time... try out nogales... its comfy... not.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My worst, was 19 years old, on a Ninja 1100. My buddies bike, he let me ride it, while he road my Midnight Maxim 600. I asked him if I could get on it, and he said go ahead. This is in Texas on a major freeway, don't know the number, just outside of Killeen Texas. I get it going down this long hill, before coming up to a large hill going back up, 165mph in a 55 zone. He is off the side of the road between some trees, and I never saw him until he came up behind me. He got me off the bike, cuffed me, put me on the hood, and patted me down, then took my wallet and sat in his car, I guess to run me. He comes out of the car after about 10 minutes and says, "This here be ya lucky day BOY!" He then writes me a ticket for doing 95 in a 55 zone, and tells me that he brought it under 100 to keep it from being a reckless driving ticket that I would have been arrested for. I was in the military back then, and you got double jeopardy if you get arrested. Burnt by the man, then burnt by the Army. But then he lets me go on the side of the road, calls me a taxi and impounds the bike. Now with this ticket since it was over 20mph over the limit, I had to explain to the judge why I was going so fast, and to plead my case. I pleaded quilty and threw myself to the mercy of the court. $550 dollars, and suspended my motorcycle license for 3 months, which sucked, cuase back then that was all I had. Also $550 was more than half of my take home for the month! That soooo sucked! And the judge told me that I was lucky since I was riding on a bike that has been reported for escaping from the police twice, but since I stopped and the bike did not belong to me, they just fined me. Now I had to tell the judge where my friend was. So I did cause I was scared, they called my company commander, and they arranged for my friend to be arrested. My friend gets picked up, and my Captain gives me 30 days of post clean up. This is where thy give you a bag, drop you off outside the base fence, and you go around picking up trash each day until the bag is full, before you can get off for the night.

Lost a friend, and he lost his bike. He said that I had to buy him a new bike and pay for his time in jail. He wanted over $6000 from me, which is more than half that I made in a year. Then the next month after my friend returned to the unit, I can't prove it, but my bike was smashed in the parking lot the next day. So technically I lost my bike too.

Talk about a lesson learned!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

Old 08-26-2003, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

damn i want even try after that
Old 08-26-2003, 08:49 PM
Banned

my first ticket ever was 63 in a 40, next was a 61 in a 40(same spot different cop about a year later) after that i was pulled over for some other bullshit stuff but no speeding, then i got a speeding warning a few times and last june 22nd got one for 91 in a 60 going to Pat Green concert in Dallas....i'm just glad he clocked me then and not a few miles before when i did a high speed run...it was like 8pm and noone was on the highway...it was a damn airplane that clocked me and sent him where i was.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:47 AM

105 in a 55, reckless driving, 17 improper lane changes, etc... Got arrested.

I did hit 117 mph but the undercover Stang was so far back I guess he didn't catch that.

Fastest I have ever gone in a car on the highway is 165mph.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:07 AM
14 Second Truck Club

i was in n. texas going through amarillo, or somehweres around that... and doing about 135 in my impala, when i saw a black blob with lights on top on a frontage road off to my right. they were pulling out of a donut shop or something i think. but anyway they kinda just sat there as i was driving by them. i had a feeling they were watching me and i was watching them. so i see them tear off towards the highway on ramp in my rearview.

i watched as they darted down the on ramp and came up right on my ***. by then of course i was slowed down to a mild 75...

when they pulled me over i told them i was on my way to AZ for my new base. one cop was filling out a warning ticket for 70 in a 65, and the other kept asking me questions about my car and looking in it. they were pretty cool.... for texas cops.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:35 PM
14 Second Truck Club

got pulled over and ticketed in katy for going 37 in a 35, needless to say i was chased down in record time.

Quick Reply: Worst Speeding Tickets