Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Whats driving you nuts with the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate how slow it is
Getting sick of hearing the steering noise on slow left turns.
Got dents and scratches everywhere.
A few minor exhaust leaks.
Stock wheels are crappy.
May never get my cam installed.
Windows are slow
steering wheel, stereo and a/c controller lights are going bad.

Overall its the best vehicle I have ever owned.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

My damn headers!!!! I can't tell if they are leaking or it is just the way they sound... I think I have a couple of small pin hole leaks in some of my welds on my exhaust piping cause at first start up it sounds leaky then when it gets to operating temp, no exhaust leak sound... Oh and my damn AFR at idle....
Old 11-30-2007, 10:42 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's driving me nuts that I have no money to do any major moddin!!! Got an LQ9 shortblock and WCCH 317 heads sittin at my dad's shop collecting dust Not to mention a bent tailgate and rusty marks where my mudflaps used to be...no time or money for bodywork, and the mercury just dropped outside so I can't even do a quick "touch up" to prevent the cancer from spreading. Oh yea, now the front diff fluid came out grey and silver (probably carrier bearings), and I'm looking at a big job that I don't want to do unless I upgrade front and rear...or remove front and just go 2wd...maybe make a few bucks on the transfer case and front axle...hmmm...
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
My damn headers!!!! I can't tell if they are leaking or it is just the way they sound... I think I have a couple of small pin hole leaks in some of my welds on my exhaust piping cause at first start up it sounds leaky then when it gets to operating temp, no exhaust leak sound... Oh and my damn AFR at idle....
My headers to the same thing, it really get's under my skin some times...but when I get under my truck I don't see any sings of leaks.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

After i got over the crappy Torque Converter problems....
Mine is being very nice to me... well except 14mpg..... that sucks but im hardly home to put any miles on it...

i cant complain..... i abuse it and it just laughs...

Now its a truck.... 7 years old goin on 8.....
Scratches like you wouldnt believe....

Rock chips that are horrendious...

Dents that happend from stupid stuff like 2 of my buddies wrestling and one threw the other into the side of the bed and put a nice lil dent.... i was under the truck doin something... i think puttin a muffler on it. well i had a hefty 12" Cresent wrench in my hand and i went to work on their chins and ankles they were bleeding and stuff... . hahah i bet they dont wrestle around my truck anymore..

got a few squeaks.... they come and go so i just turn the radio up..

i havent had any problems latley so i just go about my buisness.

oh the thing that sucks.... i was at the range shootin my AR-15.... anybody that has shot one know when the spent casings come out of the ejection port... they are moving pretty good... iv got a dozen or so chips in my paint cause i parked my truck too close...

Oh well... its a truck.... and it looks like just a truck too...
Old 12-01-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

sounds like every truck on here is P.O.S!!! lol.... mine just pisses me off that it doesnt come out of the garage too often.!!! for some reason I enjoy driving my Z71 alot more than my toy
Old 12-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That I cant make up my mind what to do with it, Im the most indecisive person ever and my pocket book has paid dearly for it. 4 different motors, 7 transmission, swap to an 80e, a turbo kit, and tons of misc. bolt ons, Im back to a stock motor and trans, and seriously thinking about buying a radix for it.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
That I cant make up my mind what to do with it, Im the most indecisive person ever and my pocket book has paid dearly for it. 4 different motors, 7 transmission, swap to an 80e, a turbo kit, and tons of misc. bolt ons, Im back to a stock motor and trans, and seriously thinking about buying a radix for it.
Ever been tested for bipolar disorder? JFWY.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
WHAT?!?!?! NO Dmax???
Old 12-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

My brakes suck and I need to paint my bumper and get the rest of the stuff in my truck like my new seats new intank fuel pump and alot of other stuff.

Quick Reply: Whats driving you nuts with the truck?