Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Whats driving you nuts with the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Whats driving you nuts with the truck?

I'm a perfectionist, or so I'm told When I can't get things just so. It bugs me.

I still have some drive-line vibration after my drop. Was mostly gone now its back a bit more.
Now my alky pump is leaking

My tranny does funny things at cruise in OD and accelerating from a coast. Feels like its slipping. It's actually not done it so bad the last few weeks but did a funny clunk tug kind of thing tonight. Still can't break it though. I tried tonight.

When its cold my security light in the dash stays on real dimly. I put tape over it in the winter.

I hate my brakes... always have and can't ever seem to get the money saved to upgrade the brakes. Always wind up spending the money on something to make it go faster.

I can't keep up with the chips and scratches in the paint. I fix a couple but find 3 more.

Ohhh well. I could go on and on. Just a rant. Post up yours. It will make you feel better!

Last edited by KySilverado; 11-30-2007 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i have no money..i got rust on my rocker panels on my drivers side and i gotta few dents..my tranny scares my and my pistons and rods scare me..plus i get no damn traction
Old 11-30-2007, 08:48 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a vibration at idle...sometimes. I think it's the exhaust kissing the frame?
My trims freak out and A/F goes crazy lean/rich while at cruise...sometimes.
Ditto on the brakes ....
Old 11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

Dont even get me started on this, but you alread have.

Lots of stupid little scratches and paint chips,
being from the North East, Rust forming in tiny tiny places
Power mirror toggle switch doesnt work
Passenger side lock/unlock button doesnt work
Slight vibration around 60mph

Pisses me off soo much

oh and as of 20 minutes ago my fog lights dont work grrr
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pissed i keep smoking 60e's like there a leaf in the wind.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm sure everybody is like this but everytime I do something to it to make it faster it feels 10x better at first and then after a month or so I guess I get used to it and my truck seems slow again.

My truck also feels like it weighs 2x as much as it does sometimes

My tonneau cover needs to be painted

I have a small dent on my bumper

My hood needs to be repainted for rock chips.

My tune is far from perfect
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I'm sure everybody is like this but everytime I do something to it to make it faster it feels 10x better at first and then after a month or so I guess I get used to it and my truck seems slow again.
Thats why you can never stop modding. It feels slow after a while and you gotta upgrade lol.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

trying to mod 2 trucks is hard enough. when i decide to go ahead and get something. something functionally happens and takes the money i had alotted for the mod.sept. my cd player is f'd up, oct ..brakes on my truck, nov. hub bearing assembly on wifys tahoe, now my horn isnt working. well it does sometimes. one day it does next day it doesnt. im not somebody who uses their horn that much. but since i have had probs with it every a-hole on the road is cutting me off. i can only flash my high beams..lol

Last edited by TexCrew; 11-30-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

My tune is a joke if anything. More of a joke than a tune, as you can see by my times.

My dual climate lights went out. First the one on the left, then the one on the right.

ALL controls to my passenger side door quit working a few days ago. Can't control anything on my passenger door via passenger door or driver door.

I have a crack right behind my right rear tire. It's a good 10" long, it hides itself most of the time but is hideous at others.

I have to buy my G/F a chihuahua for Christmas instead of getting horse power tuners.

I had OEM plastic mudguards (the black ones with a white bow tie on them) which chaffed the paint off right down to the plastic.

My old man works at a body shop and I could get a hell of a deal on getting my body work fixed, but I'd rather spend money on going fast.

I almost have 60,000 miles on the truck and can't seem to get around to getting a 4 cylinder DD.

Besides all that I love my truck anyways Even tho they salt the roads good here in Ohio I still have very minimal rust, even underneath.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

Originally Posted by TexCrew
trying to mod 2 trucks is hard enough. when i decide to go ahead and get something. something functionally happens and takes the money i had alotted for the mod.sept. my cd player is f'd up, oct ..brakes on my truck, nov. hub bearing assembly on wifys tahoe, now my horn isnt working. well it does sometimes. one day it does next day it doesnt. im not somebody who uses their horn that much. but since i have had probs with it every a-hole on the road is cutting me off. i can only flash my high beams..lol

know how you feel, its like ahh finally enough money to do this mod, then bam damn something broke need to fix it poof gone money

Quick Reply: Whats driving you nuts with the truck?