Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Unsuccessful Trans Gauge activation attempt at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

does any one know the rpo code that needs to be programed? I installed the gauge on my cluster and its not working have a friend with tech2 said if i can find the rpo code he can program it

thanks
Old 01-30-2017, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You can't use a tech 2 to alter the programing. You use gm mdi module and TIS 2 web to reprogram the cluster only or find a salvage yard denali or 3/4 ton cluster w trans temp gauge and it will work soon as you plug it in.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swapped a complete 3/4 ton cluster into my 01 and the trans temp worked by just swapping it in.

The issue that I'm working out now is that after the odometer was corrected, the trip won't hold its memory after turning the truck off for a few mins. I've Trip two odometer corrected cluster and have the same issue. I'm thinking that it's in the cluster programming because it held Trip mileage before programming.

Also to go along with the OP, we put an 03 Denali cluster in an 05 Avalanche and everything appears to be working fine, Trans gauge and all. Nothing was done to it besides swapping the cluster in.