Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Two performance packs for 2006 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info on the 06's. I was told in april, after several visits to the dealer and letters to GM, that the 6.0 was not going to be offered in the crew cab 4x4 and that was not an opp. for 05 or 06. After talking to them i was sure that i would not see a 6.0 crew cab 4x4 in 06.... so i ordered my z71. A friend told me about your posting and i had to read it.... needless to say the next phone call that i made was to my GM dealer. the sales person was uh, well, clueless. (but honest) and doubted the info i had. Untill i gave him the RPO that you posted. well after a short "come to Jesus meeting" he understood my posostion and reordered my crew cab 4x4 with the 6.0. with my original z71 due in next week, you saved me a lot of greef. i will have to start the waiting all over again but i will be waiting for what i want and not what i had to settle for.....
If i would have taken the z71 and three months later seen the 6.0 crew cab on the road, well pissed off would be an ubdrestatement I dont know how or where you got your info but keep it coming. and thanks!!!!!
im happy now!!!!

Originally Posted by jdg
Just an FYI. This is showing up on the 2006 model info thought it was interesting.
This is the RPO NHT:
VortecMax Performance Pack, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (NP8) Transfer case, electronic Autotrac, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty
1 - Requires CK15753 or CK15543 Models. (QJM) or (QJP) Tires must be ordered. (P25) Wheels must be ordered. Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. - Not available with (Z71) Suspension Package, Off-Road.

They still have the RPO B4V:
Silverado Performance Edition, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8, (M32) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio, (Z60) Suspension Package, High-Performance, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (KC4) Cooling, engine oil, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty, (UK3) Sound system feature, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (QR9) Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5", cast aluminum, chromed, 5-spoke, (QSS) Tires, P275/55R20, touring, blackwall, (ZAN) Tire, spare P265/70R17, blackwall and 17" Wheel, steel, spare
1 - Requires CC15753 Models. - Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. Not available with (ZY2) Paint, two-tone, (DPN) Mirrors, outside rearview, power adjustable, heated, manual folding and extending, (B2E) Silverado Limited Edition or any (SEO) Special Equipment Options.

Also the SS is only going to be available as a 2WD option.
SO, I wonder what the pricing is going to be on these options???? Basically, 3 extended cab trucks with the LQ9 engine in them.

Also they are showing different trim packages:
New Packaging Structure
1WT = Work Truck
1LS = LS
1LT = LT1 trim
2LT = LT2 trim
3LT = LT3
Old 06-01-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If your dealer actually has an order in with that RPO code then they should have a price on that option. My sources says the price was not yet availible as of last week.Did you get a price for that option?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:22 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by u-gonnablowitup
thanks for the info on the 06's. I was told in april, after several visits to the dealer and letters to GM, that the 6.0 was not going to be offered in the crew cab 4x4 and that was not an opp. for 05 or 06. After talking to them i was sure that i would not see a 6.0 crew cab 4x4 in 06.... so i ordered my z71. A friend told me about your posting and i had to read it.... needless to say the next phone call that i made was to my GM dealer. the sales person was uh, well, clueless. (but honest) and doubted the info i had. Untill i gave him the RPO that you posted. well after a short "come to Jesus meeting" he understood my posostion and reordered my crew cab 4x4 with the 6.0. with my original z71 due in next week, you saved me a lot of greef. i will have to start the waiting all over again but i will be waiting for what i want and not what i had to settle for.....
If i would have taken the z71 and three months later seen the 6.0 crew cab on the road, well pissed off would be an ubdrestatement I dont know how or where you got your info but keep it coming. and thanks!!!!!
im happy now!!!!
This is exactly what my buddy did except he actually ordered a Titan
until I told him about this post. I swear this is exactly the same situation he was in except for ordering the Titan instead of the Z71. This may actually be the buddy I'm talking about (LJ is that you?) but was too ashamed to come on here and admit to ordering a Titan. If it is him, please guys don't give him too hard a time about the "other brand" truck! He is a good guy, was just a bit misguided!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its about time gm is finally moving in the right direction. Those upgrade packages are gonna be expensive just wait for a fully loaded z71 lt3 to be around 40k new.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Teching In

yep its me LJ.... but you should know better than the titan thing.. you know i would jump over three titans to get to one chevy.... and do you think i would buy a titan and listen to all the **** you and johnny and andy would dish out.. shawn (dealer) did reorder the truck. he said that he would call next week when the first z71 came in if i wanted to see it.. now i just have to wait a bit longer. but whin i get the other one in, thats what im talkin bout.... HNIC...

Originally Posted by standby
This is exactly what my buddy did except he actually ordered a Titan
until I told him about this post. I swear this is exactly the same situation he was in except for ordering the Titan instead of the Z71. This may actually be the buddy I'm talking about (LJ is that you?) but was too ashamed to come on here and admit to ordering a Titan. If it is him, please guys don't give him too hard a time about the "other brand" truck! He is a good guy, was just a bit misguided!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:10 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Yeah, u-gonnablowitup pulled one over on me (or tried to). Can't wait until that new truck shows up, I'm gonna rag the he11 out of it for ya! Wonder how high the mud rooster tails will go? One way to find out...
Old 06-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Any word on color options for 06?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Teching In

havent got it yet but dealer does have it.. we have been playing phone tag for a week and he's it..... he was on vacation most of last week but i assure you, monday I WILL HAVE A PRICE IF HE DOES HAVE IT!! All pricing is released on the 1st day of the month from what i am told. dealer spoke to suplier on 5-26, suplier said call back after 1st. dealer went on vacation and did not return until 3. that is when phone tag started..... if you get price befor i do please let me know and i will do the same...

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
If your dealer actually has an order in with that RPO code then they should have a price on that option. My sources says the price was not yet availible as of last week.Did you get a price for that option?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

This will be info i will be interested in hearing about.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Angry

[I]
Originally Posted by jdg
Just an FYI. This is showing up on the 2006 model info thought it was interesting.
This is the RPO NHT:
VortecMax Performance Pack, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 and door badge that reads "Vortec Max", (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (NP8) Transfer case, electronic Autotrac, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty
1 - Requires CK15753 or CK15543 Models. (QJM) or (QJP) Tires must be ordered. (P25) Wheels must be ordered. Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. - Not available with (Z71) Suspension Package, Off-Road.

They still have the RPO B4V:
Silverado Performance Edition, includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8, (M32) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio, (Z60) Suspension Package, High-Performance, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (KC4) Cooling, engine oil, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty, (UK3) Sound system feature, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (QR9) Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5", cast aluminum, chromed, 5-spoke, (QSS) Tires, P275/55R20, touring, blackwall, (ZAN) Tire, spare P265/70R17, blackwall and 17" Wheel, steel, spare
1 - Requires CC15753 Models. - Option content within this package may not be substituted or deleted. Not available with (ZY2) Paint, two-tone, (DPN) Mirrors, outside rearview, power adjustable, heated, manual folding and extending, (B2E) Silverado Limited Edition or any (SEO) Special Equipment Options.

Also the SS is only going to be available as a 2WD option.
SO, I wonder what the pricing is going to be on these options???? Basically, 3 extended cab trucks with the LQ9 engine in them.

Also they are showing different trim packages:
New Packaging Structure
1WT = Work Truck
1LS = LS
1LT = LT1 trim
2LT = LT2 trim
3LT = LT3

undefinedundefined Yeah just out of cerousity I just wanted to know where you found that info, and if you can inform me on some more, thank'Z!!

Quick Reply: Two performance packs for 2006 silverado