Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Truck won't start please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blue02? any update yet? You get it to work?

Also... does it do a real quick clicking noise when u turn it over.. or does it do nothing? Its sounds like it has to do with that security ****... bc you said that its not getting any power AND than you replaced things that seemed to make it limit it's power.. so it sounds like a security thing... i dont have it on my truck.. so im not sure how to unlock all that.. something to do with a code im sure.. but i'd hate to say it.. but the next step is towing it to the stealership to get it fixed... probably end up selling that thing for 14,000 now instead for 13k just for the hassel and fustration...

im intrested to kno what's up tho
Old 04-03-2005, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone told me to try this passkey relearn test http://www.nelsonperformance.com/faqs/passkey.htm

It says that the security light is supposed to remain on but it doesnt do that for me the only thing that comes on is the battery light in the message center. Im wondering why the security light wont turn on
Old 04-03-2005, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GirlsDoItRight
blue02? any update yet? You get it to work?

Also... does it do a real quick clicking noise when u turn it over.. or does it do nothing? Its sounds like it has to do with that security ****... bc you said that its not getting any power AND than you replaced things that seemed to make it limit it's power.. so it sounds like a security thing... i dont have it on my truck.. so im not sure how to unlock all that.. something to do with a code im sure.. but i'd hate to say it.. but the next step is towing it to the stealership to get it fixed... probably end up selling that thing for 14,000 now instead for 13k just for the hassel and fustration...

im intrested to kno what's up tho
The only sound it makes is a small clicking sound that is coming from under the dash. It does it when i turn the key and try to start the truck the odometer blinks and the rest of the usual lights on the dash come on when you try to start it.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm... i'd go ahead and try the old resetting the oil with pumping the gas 4 times w/ the key in the on position.. and than turn it off and than try and start it...

I know it has nothing to do with ur problem.. but anything is worth a shot i guess
Old 04-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Restricted User

You tested the starter with a mult-meter? Was there power to it when you tested it?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

There was no power to the starter.

The clicking sound was coming from one of the sqaure relays in the fuse box on the side of the dash. The clicking sound was the same as the sound it makes when the blinker or hazards are on. I took the one out that was making the noise when i tried to start and it stopped. The blinkers still click and the hazards work. Im trying to figure out why this other relay that clicks is needed. All you should need is blinkers to click
Old 04-03-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm... still think it might be that security thing... what does it say in the owners manual about that?

How about the alternator? Checked that?
Old 04-03-2005, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GirlsDoItRight
hmm... still think it might be that security thing... what does it say in the owners manual about that?
Can you set the alarm off with the remote ? With the switch on can you jump start the starter to see if it starts that way?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Ok my dad getto rigged a wire to the starter and touch something and made it start. This means the starter is ok and the battery is fine.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Teching In

what did he do, bypass the solenoid? the starter and solenoid are one unit, so if the solenoids bad you have to buy a new starter anyway. try throwing a new one in there and see if that works.

Quick Reply: Truck won't start please help