Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Those DTW guys realy like them HEMI's

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:30 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Those DTW guys realy like them HEMI's

Now i know why the DTW guy are aways in an uproar. If i spent that amount of money I'd be pissed too.DTW
Old 01-25-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like theres a few guys over there coming back to chevy
Old 01-25-2005, 08:27 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's call behaver modification. If you screw up enough you will eventualy get it right.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

screwey that they got a pcm that wont adapt to mods...
Old 01-25-2005, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

we are kinda lucky with all the parts for are engines...mostly because the ls1 engine in the cars.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If they were disapointed that there hemis didnt take to mods well then it's there own foolishness to assume that Dodge would open themselves up like GM.The marketing has been so powerful that these guys really get so wrapped up in it they close there eyes(some)to the competition.Wonder who bought there trucks because they really thought they could scratch the letters "FORD" and "CHEVY" on a large concrete slab by roasting the tires.I wonder how many tried?Wonder how many would have spelled it wrong if they could have done it.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bourbeaugmcx
we are kinda lucky with all the parts for are engines...mostly because the ls1 engine in the cars.
What gets me is quiet a few hemi owners own modded fbodys and vette,so they should know what these truck motors are capable of.These trucks are as easy to mod and get bang for the buck more than ever before.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:53 AM

I think it's funny how most over at DTW stand behind "the Hemi" and MOPAR but then they all sign up on a thread like this and say how mad they are. I stopped reading the thread a while back but I was one of the few guys who responded that I like my Ram. I agree though that the aftermarket is slow to come out with performance mods for the Rams. However, there are LT's, exhaust, intakes, an STS kit now, lowering kits, appearance packages so I really don't know what they are bitching about. Yeah, the 04 Hemi Ram computer is a bear to crack and it's taking some time to do it. What I think is there problem is that stock for stock, a Hemi powered Ram can compete performance wise with most trucks on the market. However, if they look at the Fastest Truck list here, they get green with envy. They talk about Hemi envy, how about modded 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.0L envy? Like I said in my post on DTW, I didn't buy my Ram to mod the crap out of it, and I'm very happy with it. If they bought it to mod the crap out of it, they should have looked at the aftermarket for the other Dodge engines (4.7L, 5.2L and 5.9L) and realize they aftermarket is alot smaller than their competition (Ford and GM). I say shut up and drive what you bought or sell it and drive someting else.
Jim
Old 01-25-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Im glad you like what you drive and if someone asks you something you will tell them straight up an honest answer.So here goes bone stock QC 4x4 hemi VS Z71 xcab 310HP 5.3 4.10s,quarter mile?
next mod for mod
new SWB vs SWB,2x4 also VHO vs your truck
They all get whats availible on the market
Custom tune,hemi get superchips,both get long tube headers,pick the best intake for each,catback,Stall converters.
est. the outcome for SWBvs SWB and VHO vs QC2x4 with these mods.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Im glad you like what you drive and if someone asks you something you will tell them straight up an honest answer.So here goes bone stock QC 4x4 hemi VS Z71 xcab 310HP 5.3 4.10s,quarter mile?
next mod for mod
new SWB vs SWB,2x4 also VHO vs your truck
They all get whats availible on the market
Custom tune,hemi get superchips,both get long tube headers,pick the best intake for each,catback,Stall converters.
est. the outcome for SWBvs SWB and VHO vs QC2x4 with these mods.
OK, this is my opinion and by all means I admit I'm no expert and could be dead wrong.
1) QC 4x4 Hemi w/ 4.10's vs Z71 EC 310 HP 5.3L w/ 4.10's? Advanatge Z71, lighter by about 500 lbs. My 4x2 QC weighs what a Z71 weighs, about 5200-5300, my 4x2 EC Silverado weighed 4810 lbs.
2) Now same trucks mod for mod? Advantage Z71, again lighter (it will always be) and the GM MAF intake design trucks respond to mods alot better.
3)SWB Hemi vs SWB 5.3L? Toss up, power to weight ratio about the same, better driver wins.
4)My QC 4x2 vs 6.0L VHO? HMMM? Advantage VHO, again lighter and does have smaller tires. My truck probably ran 15.5-15.6 stock (best is 15.24 with only minor intake and muffler changes). I believe guys here have posted low 15's to high 14's stock for their VHO's. A VHO with same mods as my truck now (HPP, intake and exhaust), no contest, VHO.
How's that for being honest? I've always said I call it like I see it! I've owned a NBS Silverado so I know what they are capable of, most Hemi Ram owners don't. The Hemi Ram does have good power but that doesn't mean other trucks don't as well. Now, if the Hemi engine had a MAF system, instead of a Speed Density system (it doesn't see the additional air from a CAI and Exhaust mods) the results could be different. That's not a yeah but when if and when I would lose just an observation. Now my last time at the track, there were 3 SWB NBS GM trucks, 2 with 5.3L and 1 with 4.8L (or the other way around). All had simliar mods to mine, my 15.24 was quicker than all three times I saw them post. I talked to one of young guys driving the 4.8L (I think) and he was surprised what I ran when he asked, he was nice and we talked for a while. Someone may jump in here and tell me something different but in 3 of 4 senarios (sp?) I give the advantage to the GM truck.
Jim

Quick Reply: Those DTW guys realy like them HEMI's