Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

side mount whipple

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side mount whipple

I just bought a side mount whipple, what can i expect out it? Or did I waste my money?
Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What is it going on? As long as you didn't pay much they can be a lot of fun. You need to delete the accessory injectors and run bigger injectors in the fuel rails. Then just get a tune.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Teching In

It all comes down to your hp goals honestly. If you're looking for more mid range torque you're fine. The biggest issue with these things are how dependent on ambient temperature they are due to not having an intercooler. With any form of force induction, heat is the biggest concern. May seem like a no brainer but when it's 20 degrees outside they rip because you can run more timing. But once it even gets to mid 50's you can tell the lack in performance, everything is intensified. I bought one with 52 lb injectors knowing that I'd have enough pump and injector to run e85 through it. Just with a e40 mixture it made all the difference in the world. I've been doing a lot of research on it trying to figure out the same thing you are, how to get more consistent horsepower out of it. Performance is awesome for such a heavy truck. Don't underestimate it or think it's a bad unit. There are guys that have intercooled them with positive results. It all comes down to how creative you want to be. Just because someone say it isn't the best unit doesn't mean that it was a bad buy. If you're willing to be creative and put your engineering thinking cap on you can be just as happy with your purchase as all the other FI guys on here.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

It is going on a 2004 rcsb. Thanks for the reply. Purchased it off of ebay and thought it was top mount until it got here.