Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

RCSB Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 10:43 PM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

to be fair... some other forums have & enforce this stupid rule that doesn't let you add posts to a thread if it's been quiet for more than a few weeks.
that leads everybody to never searching for anything & asking the same freaking thing over & over - because though the general question's the same, the particulars are different.

maybe he came from one of them joints & was spring-loaded to just start new threads for everything.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,434 Likes on 1,062 Posts

Everyone asks "simple" questions. I'm sure he did search. That was easier than signing up just to ask the length of a bed- but hey he also wants to build a performance truck and last I checked we were the gurus in that. Hell, it's our named birth right. So what if he asks a couple questions we've all answered 10-15x? Gives us something to do when we aren't preoccupied with other things

Saying "I'm not trying to be rude" then being rude doesn't make it any better. Either be rude and own it, or don't be rude and own that too. That said, I'm rude but I own it. Don't turn this into a pissing match, PM me if you want to continue this- you know who you are

As for the engine purchase/ cart before the horse- LKQ is about the best unless you have a lot of luck at your local u-pull yard. Sometimes you can also get lucky on your local classifieds and find wrecked/parted trucks with 6.0s in them. If you have dealer friends, get a wrecked truck from auction and that will have everything you need

Several options there, just depends on your fiscal situation and how much of a hurry you might be in
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 02:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
to be fair... some other forums have & enforce this stupid rule that doesn't let you add posts to a thread if it's been quiet for more than a few weeks.
that leads everybody to never searching for anything & asking the same freaking thing over & over - because though the general question's the same, the particulars are different.

maybe he came from one of them joints & was spring-loaded to just start new threads for everything.
I've never see one like that, that I know of. Didn't know that was even a thing, thanks. I don't think that would apply here though.

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Everyone asks "simple" questions. I'm sure he did search. That was easier than signing up just to ask the length of a bed- but hey he also wants to build a performance truck and last I checked we were the gurus in that. Hell, it's our named birth right. So what if he asks a couple questions we've all answered 10-15x? Gives us something to do when we aren't preoccupied with other things

Saying "I'm not trying to be rude" then being rude doesn't make it any better. Either be rude and own it, or don't be rude and own that too. That said, I'm rude but I own it. Don't turn this into a pissing match, PM me if you want to continue this- you know who you are

As for the engine purchase/ cart before the horse- LKQ is about the best unless you have a lot of luck at your local u-pull yard. Sometimes you can also get lucky on your local classifieds and find wrecked/parted trucks with 6.0s in them. If you have dealer friends, get a wrecked truck from auction and that will have everything you need

Several options there, just depends on your fiscal situation and how much of a hurry you might be in
And if YOU are going to try to call someone out, then own it; don't write "you know who you are", especially when the words are right there. Try reading it again as if you didn't already make up your mind. I'm not making an effort to be rude to OP, I'm just giving them a bit of information on the direction I see this heading and why, and how I think they can help themselves in the future.

Again this seems like a personal thing or you wouldn't make things up about having answered THIS question 10-15 times already, or try to justify it by saying / assuming they searched. If you thought that you were right, you could stick with the truth, (and you wouldn't need to embellish it). Most likely you would also not be another hypocrite who thinks it needs to go to PM, but you're just special enough you don't need to do it yourself. You gave your opinion, and this is me responding. Any further back and forth would be a discussion, so you should know what to do from here.
Last, you also wouldn't try to make it sound like its about me against him making a "performance truck", which includes everyone on here. This may get deleted, but I see what are you doing. You think its slick, but its underhanded, and I'll keep pointing out.

I was helping the OP. I wasn't coddling them, like you're trying to make this out to be. We're supposed to be adults here, which means I should be able to be just be straight forward without anyone crying or making excuses for anyone else. My criticism was constructive, and I put forth more effort into my response than the OP has.

Last edited by adriver; 08-05-2021 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,434 Likes on 1,062 Posts

@adriver

go **** yourself
tjmath (08-05-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 10:26 AM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

in before the lock