Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

RCSB Hemi times?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 2005 club cab sport hemi you see below is quite slow......nothing like that badass head turning silverado SS
Old 04-08-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HemiTman
I ran 14.67 bone ****** stock
I'm sure that it's possible but more of an exception than the rule.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by vtodd82
the 2005 club cab sport hemi you see below is quite slow......nothing like that badass head turning silverado SS
From what you're saying, you don't like the Hemi Ram and you love the Silverado SS? Stock for Stock, how big a difference was there in performance? Do you have stock track times for both? The SS has alot more mods than the Ram does so it should be faster.
Jim
Old 04-08-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

This might clear things up
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301126
Old 04-08-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HemiTman
blah blah blah yak yak yak

He never said anything about stock times, I ran 14.67 bone ****** stock and I have run a best of 13.82 with headers and a superchips program that gave me a whopping 20hp, I am the exception with most of the 5.7's running because I can hook up. I have run with alot of the LS1 guys.Ask them if I am bullshitting or not.
How does 20 hp shave .8 tenths of a second of your times? And 14.67 bone stock? Maybe if you had a vid to prove it. Not trying to start anything, just hard to believe you.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
From what you're saying, you don't like the Hemi Ram and you love the Silverado SS? Stock for Stock, how big a difference was there in performance? Do you have stock track times for both? The SS has alot more mods than the Ram does so it should be faster.
Jim
read the link sierra posted.....that was my views on both of the vehicles.

on a 1-10 scale of how much i like a truck, the SS gets a 8, and the hemi gets a 7. i like them both very much. the hemi is a blast to drive.

the stock times i had for the hemi quad cab were in the mid 16s. times i had for the SS with the only mod being flowcrappers was low 15's. its safe to say the silverado ss stock is quite a bit faster than a quad cab hemi stock. now for a regular cab hemi stock and a stock silverado ss, iam sure it would be much more close on the times, if not about the same.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:57 PM

OK, read the thread link Gonzo posted, good review. Now I don't know this for a fact but I've read (and it may all be excuses) that the reason a Hemi Ram doesn't dyno well is the TM. I'm not sure how TM would or could affect a dyno since I've never dynoed a vehicle but that's what some Hemi owners (seems like the more knowledgable truck owners) are claiming. I would also like to see a Hemi Ram perform with the TM reduced or removed to see how much it's actually holding the engine back. Superchips is suppose to release a programmer for the 04 Hemi Rams, I hope they do something with the TM! From what one guy is saying, he's actually talked to the SuperChips techs at the SuperChips office, the 04 tuner is suppose to produce better numbers than the tuner for the 03's. Well see!
Jim
Old 04-08-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
OK, read the thread link Gonzo posted, good review. Now I don't know this for a fact but I've read (and it may all be excuses) that the reason a Hemi Ram doesn't dyno well is the TM. I'm not sure how TM would or could affect a dyno since I've never dynoed a vehicle but that's what some Hemi owners (seems like the more knowledgable truck owners) are claiming. I would also like to see a Hemi Ram perform with the TM reduced or removed to see how much it's actually holding the engine back. Superchips is suppose to release a programmer for the 04 Hemi Rams, I hope they do something with the TM! From what one guy is saying, he's actually talked to the SuperChips techs at the SuperChips office, the 04 tuner is suppose to produce better numbers than the tuner for the 03's. Well see!
Jim
that would be awesome if superchips came out with this.
i was under the impression that these trucks could not be tuned in any way shape or form because of that pcm lock or whatever it may be called. that does sound reasonable about the TM thing and the dyno graphs. any vehcile will run quicker without any TM. i guess we will have to see.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:23 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
How does 20 hp shave .8 tenths of a second of your times? And 14.67 bone stock? Maybe if you had a vid to prove it. Not trying to start anything, just hard to believe you.
not trying to get into a pissing match but that truck will and did run what times he said. that all i have to say.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by vtodd82
that would be awesome if superchips came out with this.
i was under the impression that these trucks could not be tuned in any way shape or form because of that pcm lock or whatever it may be called. that does sound reasonable about the TM thing and the dyno graphs. any vehcile will run quicker without any TM. i guess we will have to see.
The 03 Hemi boys are claiming about .3-.5 reduction in times with their SuperChips tuners. The dealer at Hemi Truck Club said he was notified by SuperChips to expect the 04 tuners by April or May, and it's already April. The Superchips is suppose to do things the Hypertech didn't do for the 04's, shift firmness and rpm shift adjustments, correct speedo for different size tires along with the top speed limiter raised & rpm's limit raised. I hope it's all true, I had a Hypertech and it wasn't tuner friendly at all, only three choices.
Jim

Quick Reply: RCSB Hemi times?