Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Raced a T/A, Porsche, and WRX STi-long

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a T/A, Porsche, and WRX STi-long

I've been trying to race people everywhere I go but, no one seems to take my 4x4 seriously til these past few days. My first race was against a Porsche. Looked like a 2000 or so, not sure what engine. I saw him take off pretty hard at a light so I thought he'd give chase. I caught up to him and threw some revs at him, he just ignored me. We caught the next red light and I left hard on green, he didn't. At the next red light I didn't expect much if anything but, he launches. I give chase and we're even til about 70 when we reach two sharp turns in the road. So now I have a choice, run straight threw the turns, run him off the road and possibly kill him or let him go by. Well, after much consideration, I let him go by and then gave chase again. After that, I could only manage to stay a car length behind, then he let off at about 90 and turned off the road. Don't know if I should consider that a loss or not, it was fun though.

Next race was on Lake Shore Dr in Downtown Chicago. I'm headed home with 800 lbs worth of friends when I get caught at a red light next to a WRX STi. He was easy to get going. As soon as he heard me pull up he knew it was on. Light turns green and all I hear are my 33"s chirp and my straight pipes shooting exhaust at his hood. I put about 1 1/2 truck lengths on him but, he doesn't back off. I'm still seeing him coming up at 90. By 110 he was next to me and at 115 I was at his rear bumper and he hit his brakes and backed off. Yet another loss in the end

Today I ran a T/A. Don't what kind of mods it had other than what looke like an SLP Loudmouth exhaust. Again I get caught at a red light next him. He hears me pull up and just smirks. So like any true trucker, I drop it into 4hi and on green, I let him suck on some exhaust fumes. He got the hint, cause he hurried to line up at the next light. This time he's ready but, it didn't matter I was able to put about 3-4 truck lengths on him and keep him there til I let off at 100 due to traffic. Finally, a true victory
Old 03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Thats awesome man! I am veryyyy jealous of your mods, one day when I am out of college, I plan to have an identical truck like yours. Take some vids next time, embarass the crap outta the guys
Old 03-17-2004, 03:34 AM
14 Second Truck Club

i saw a ferrari 360 on the feeder road about a week ago. after about a 1/4 mile of taunting him, we go at it from a 55 roll. i knew i couldn't win and he was gone by about 4 car lengths before i knew it. come to a light and i look over at him for a pitty thanks and the old man just kinda sneers at me. i wonder if he knows how much i could have won if i swerved into his car by accident? but hey, it's not often you can race a rich fart in a ferrari right?

anyways...your truck seems pretty mean, you should get some on vid. good races!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Got any pics of your truck silent one? Not many around here on 33's, also what kinda times do you run?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blownZ71
Got any pics of your truck silent one? Not many around here on 33's, also what kinda times do you run?
No pics yet. There's nothing special about the looks on my truck, it's completely stock looking except for the oversized tires I run in the winter. I was into off roading alot when I first bought my truck, which is why I have the 33" tires. I finished the motor too late last year and missed out on track/race season. I hope to get some times in a couple of weeks when the tracks open here. I'll definitely keep everyone posted on that.