Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Oil Filter brands (again)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by o2man98
It may seem biased but I would have to choose the AMSOIL filters over the more common ones available. I have a few old (circa 2002) PF59's in the garage and I will continue to use the AMSOIL filters over them.

You will need the EaO64 as the longer version of the truck filter. This is the filter that I run on my Silverado and ran on the Trailblazer when we had it.

Keep in mind the you can purchase in cases of 12 (part # EaO64CS) to save about $1 a filter. Check them out: http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eao.aspx?zo=1436102
Thanks man...that is actually the filter I was planning on until I saw the price (I think it was about $18 a filter?) and found availability to pretty much be confined to the internet. The more I think about it though, I might just suck up the extra bucks and hook up with a few filters and possibly an Amsoil dry air filter as a replacement for my oiled Volant filter. There's a local parts place that has Amsoil and cuts me a break since I work at a dealership...I wonder if they can get the filters and possibly a price break also
Old 07-19-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The amsoil oil filters appear to be nice, but I can't really justify that they are worth 3 times the price of a wix filter. I did recently order one of the amsoil air filters to replace my old crappy paper one though.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

would that 2006 k&n work on an 07 NBS
Old 07-20-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlueSS
would that 2006 k&n work on an 07 NBS
nay...
Old 07-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Thanks man...that is actually the filter I was planning on until I saw the price (I think it was about $18 a filter?) and found availability to pretty much be confined to the internet. The more I think about it though, I might just suck up the extra bucks and hook up with a few filters and possibly an Amsoil dry air filter as a replacement for my oiled Volant filter. There's a local parts place that has Amsoil and cuts me a break since I work at a dealership...I wonder if they can get the filters and possibly a price break also
What you want to do is do the Preferred Customer Membership in the AMSOIL store. The price of the EaO64 goes from 15.30 to 11.65 so you can cover the $10 pretty fast. The Preferred Customer link is in the upper left corner here: http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eao.aspx?zo=1436102 .

FYI: The case of 12 filters would go from 171.00 down to 130.20 with the membership.

The local shop will not be able to beat the membership prices. Retail accounts use the same pricing and still need to pay the shipping. Plus you have to hope they order the right stuff.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:21 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by o2man98
What you want to do is do the Preferred Customer Membership in the AMSOIL store. The price of the EaO64 goes from 15.30 to 11.65 so you can cover the $10 pretty fast. The Preferred Customer link is in the upper left corner here: http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eao.aspx?zo=1436102 .

FYI: The case of 12 filters would go from 171.00 down to 130.20 with the membership.

The local shop will not be able to beat the membership prices. Retail accounts use the same pricing and still need to pay the shipping. Plus you have to hope they order the right stuff.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the info man, I think I just found my oil and filter solution
Old 07-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Thanks for the info man, I think I just found my oil and filter solution
No problem, that is what I am here for. Remember along with motor oil and filters you will also gets discounts on gear oils, trans fluids, and things like NGK plugs, Trico wipers, and other brands available through AMSOIL.

Any ?'s let me know.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

pf61.... i have run them for sometime now and alot of my friends are using them on their fbodys after i told them of it.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04BlackGmc
pf61.... i have run them for sometime now and alot of my friends are using them on their fbodys after i told them of it.
+1. The Trailblazer filter has more filter area to it, but is the same as the truck one in fit. This is the size I've been running since I purchased the truck, usually either NAPA Golds or ACDelcos.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:25 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

My last oil change, I switched to Amsoil 5w-30 and used a Mobil1 M1-206 filter. I have 1 more Mobil1 filter for my next oil change, then I plan to switch to Amsoil oil filters as well. I also just switched my Volant oiled air filter to an Amsoil EAAU dry filter, which I purchased online from o2man98's link

FWIW, my wife drives an 03 Toyota Matrix and my mother has a 99 Toyota Solara, which I have 2 Toyota oil filters "in stock" for. Once I use those filters up, I plan to switch them both over to Amsoil oil and filters and try the 1 year/25K oil change deal...I'm gonna pull the valve covers on both and take some before and after pics. It should be kinda cool, as my wife drives on the highway every day and puts alot of miles on her car, while my mother only drives a few miles a day to and from work, with an occassional trip down the highway. Both cars are 4 cyl's, but different engines...I'll probably do this in the Spring.

Quick Reply: Oil Filter brands (again)