Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Need help with running fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with running fuel lines

Hey guys I wanna run some nice steel braided fuel line with AN fittings when I do my nnbs intake swap but I just have no exsperince in doing this.when I did my v6 to v8 swap I adapted my lines with compression fittings and while my truck sat for 6 weeks waiting for parts I can see it just barley starting to leak and it just looks like a total hack job down there so I wanna run some new line.Also,my tuner said that my fuel pump is toweak for my new set up and gonna be running bigger injectors so wanna make sure there's no problems.Now is there any write ups or advice anybody can shoot my way I've never used or orderd AN fittings and it's a little confusing on the summit page thanks in advance fir any info or suggestions
Old 11-05-2017, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

we did this on my sons engine swap we used AN tube nut and sleeves, you slide the nut on then the sleeve once those are in place you flare the tube

tube nut & sleeves to male/male union to a AN to hose fitting, you can rent the flaring tool if you dont have one from local auto parts

you have to know your stock fuel line size since you already have braided hose you can get a union in combo sizes if you need (example -6 to -8, -3 to -6)

if you give a call to summit and tell them what your doing and the sized stuff your working with they should be able to guide you
Old 11-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stroker87
we did this on my sons engine swap we used AN tube nut and sleeves, you slide the nut on then the sleeve once those are in place you flare the tube

tube nut & sleeves to male/male union to a AN to hose fitting, you can rent the flaring tool if you dont have one from local auto parts

you have to know your stock fuel line size since you already have braided hose you can get a union in combo sizes if you need (example -6 to -8, -3 to -6)

if you give a call to summit and tell them what your doing and the sized stuff your working with they should be able to guide you
ok thanks for the response man I appreciate it il call summit
Old 11-13-2017, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

If you want to run braided line all the way it is pretty easy.

First off both the evap and fuel line are going to be 3/8th sized.

So you will want to buy two female quick disconnect fittings in 3/8ths for the gas tank side. Then you need to select line size. I would suggest you go with PTFE -6 hose. Now you need something to connect the hose to the QD fittings. I used a 90 degree on the evap and a 90 degree on the fuel size. The end fittings for PTFE are not the same as regular hose so be careful which you buy.

For the engine side you will need 1 male QD (evap) and one female QD (fuel rail). I used straight fittings to connect the hose to the QD on this side.

Some mounting and routing and then you are done...
Old 11-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed

So you will want to buy two female quick disconnect fittings in 3/8ths for the gas tank side. Then you need to select line size. I would suggest you go with PTFE -6 hose. Now you need something to connect the hose to the QD fittings. I used a 90 degree on the evap and a 90 degree on the fuel size. The end fittings for PTFE are not the same as regular hose so be careful which you buy.

For the engine side you will need 1 male QD (evap) and one female QD (fuel rail). I used straight fittings to connect the hose to the QD on this side.

he'll yea man thanks for the detailed response I'm gonna delete my evap line but gonna run the vette filter strait off the rail and keep my feed and return line but should be able to figure it out with the info provided
Old 11-13-2017, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed

ok so I order the 20ft line then order the 4 dpfe -6 connectors for the line to give the fuel line something to thread the desired connectors to correct?

Old 11-13-2017, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good info in this thread
Old 11-20-2017, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Shtbox
ok so I order the 20ft line then order the 4 dpfe -6 connectors for the line to give the fuel line something to thread the desired connectors to correct?

Yes. Pretty much. And there are tons of ways to do it. You can go much cheaper if you want. With regular fuel line. I just like SS braided. Also not trying to recommend and brands vendors or products here. Just show which ones you need.

Here is an example of a kit with line and the fittings in all angles. Here is an example of a kit with line and the fittings in all angles.

Here is a male QD. Here is a male QD.

Here is an example of a female QD. Here is an example of a female QD.

10 feet will work for just the fuel line. Probably need 20 for both the evap and fuel line.
The following users liked this post:
About20ninj45 (11-20-2017)