Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

My neighbor is a f*#king A$$h@le!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine isn't that loud, and now with the 'new' setup its a little quieter. A couple chicks live down the street, and I'm friends with them and their parents (who are friends with my 'rents). The man said he could tell when I was going home. I since started going another way b/c of the puddle/crap mess at that intersection. My grandparents were walkin the other day and my gramma's husband wanted to hear it so i lit 'em up right infront of that house, they came outside and were talkin to my grandparents etc (they know each other too) then they talked to my parents.... The people never bitch about it though, the guy complemented it.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Teching In

If your town has a noise ordanance and Smokey shows up with a decibel meter, he can hall you off to jail or rip up your registration. If yout neighbor wants a pissing contest he can take you to court and he will prob win. There are Federal MV noise statutes for pollution controled vehicles, just as there are for motorcycles, and any two bit lawyer can find them - even if you hire Johnny Cochoran, it will be Fines and costs for ya, and still you'll have the same end result:

A trip to Midas or Meineke is will be the order of the day...

MRK
Old 01-13-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

"funny cuz now....my nieghbor in front of my house just bought a harley and wakes my *** up at 7 each morning. and my other next door nieghbor works on some old bus on the weekends and his loud diesel wakes my *** up."

Now ... THATS revenge!

My enighboor decided to change his break pads and apparently didn't know wtf he was doing. He was beating on them bitches at 2 at night with a ball pien hammer on a work night. This is the same *** that parks his **** in my yard too. I won't even get started on the ******* across the street from me!

I say ... the louder the better!
Old 01-13-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Loud Pipes Save Lives - At least on bikes.

Personally I like a stealthy car
Old 01-13-2004, 02:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99silveradoSS
"Just tell him it's legal."
-I called the police department to see if we have any exhaust laws and they said anything louder than stock, I could get a ticket. Bitch-*** Louisiana cops.
Thats no good you have to look up the law. It may be online or check with your DMV.

If you want to start a war just be resectfull with your truck and mow your lawn at 6:00 AM and take the mufler of that little bitch.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I've told this story before, but because its pretty funny I'll tell it again. I have an 84 Olds Cutlass, tubbed out with a small block Chevy motor. It has 2" primary tube headers, 3" exhaust with flowmasters which dump under the front floor. Its kinda like a "Fastest Streetcar Shootout" type exhaust, maybe like 3 ft. long all together, and its LOUD, too loud even for me. Anyway, my neighbor who is a very religious (strange) and straight laced guy (this is the guy who told me he never DECIEVED his 5 year old about Santa Claus being real!) came over one day when I had the car idling in the driveway and was reving it to adjust the timing. He said, "Let me ask you something. What do you NEED a car like that for?" I was pissed right off the bat and said, "Bill, its kinda like having a 10" dick, you really don't need it but its nice to have if you do." He didn't even LOOK over at our house for like 3 months. Problem solved!
Old 01-13-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to make a prediction - One of you will either move or end up in jail.

The best way to handle it would have been to take a beer over to his house when he was outside and say - "Look, we both have to live here and this is my hobby, my passion if you will. I apologize if it is a problem for you but I hope we can come to an understanding." Then maybe find out what it is that he does for kicks (boating, fishing?) and offer to help him out when you see him.

You would be surprised how bitchy neighbors can turn to cool neighbors if you play it wise and get on their good side.

Sounds to me like he disliked you already because of family history and your sister. You could have shown him you were different and tried to alleviate the situation and played it smart (by playing nice or pretending to). Me thinks your sister just fragged that idea for you and now you have a Hatfield and McCoy situation. I'd grab three beers. One to dump on the sister, one to offer the neighbor and one for you to deal with the two.

Anger and hostility doesnt lead to clear thinking. Always practice diplomacy first, but keep your weapons polished should diplomacy fail. You skipped the former and went right to the latter - and you probably killed a chance at peace.

Now i'd up my insurance, lower my deductible and tell sis that when your truck gets keyed, tires get flattened or window gets broken you'll go ahead an charge it to her credit card.

Just one thinkin' mans opinion.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
I've told this story before, but because its pretty funny I'll tell it again. I have an 84 Olds Cutlass, tubbed out with a small block Chevy motor. It has 2" primary tube headers, 3" exhaust with flowmasters which dump under the front floor. Its kinda like a "Fastest Streetcar Shootout" type exhaust, maybe like 3 ft. long all together, and its LOUD, too loud even for me. Anyway, my neighbor who is a very religious (strange) and straight laced guy (this is the guy who told me he never DECIEVED his 5 year old about Santa Claus being real!) came over one day when I had the car idling in the driveway and was reving it to adjust the timing. He said, "Let me ask you something. What do you NEED a car like that for?" I was pissed right off the bat and said, "Bill, its kinda like having a 10" dick, you really don't need it but its nice to have if you do." He didn't even LOOK over at our house for like 3 months. Problem solved!
Now that's freaking hilarious!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:21 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
just curious...what did religion have to do with that
Old 01-14-2004, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think to show that the guy would never use the word dick, much less want to hear someone talk about thier own 10" dick. It wasn't so much religion, just the way the guy is.

LOL ... that's still hilarious.

Quick Reply: My neighbor is a f*#king A$$h@le!