Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

My neighbor is a f*#king A$$h@le!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Your truck has to be pretty loud at idle with a cam and bullets. If the houses are close together I think he has some points.
yea, 7 am is a bit early. oh well.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Your truck has to be pretty loud at idle with a cam and bullets. If the houses are close together I think he has some points.
The X-pipe should tone it down a bit though. Most people don't think about it .. but the X-pipe will take a lot out of the exhaust volume.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, the lady that used to live accross from my parents said I woke her when I came home in my S-10(2.8 V6 w/cats, flowmaters) and that my friends Z28 was to loud also. Well, my buddy uncappd his cut out and would bang off the rev limiter everytime he came over and left. Tell to **** off!!
Old 01-12-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

well, as long as you're just starting it up and nothing more. Atleast on his part its not a dog barking its head off at 6 am ..........but if you're being a jack *** about it and reving your motor to all hell, then its a different issue.

Like BenKey said, just leave it alone. I'll assume youre life isn't lacking in the
"retarded thrill" department, so i would say dont intentionally make noise just to **** the guy off. That won't solve problems. In the end the guy will win, if he involves the law.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

SmokinRice .. I had a 2.8 with headers and the smallest glass packs I could find. I never got bitched at except by a state trooper who's house was just down the road from my dad's. I would leave the intersection hammer down. He pulled me over once to tell me that if I was to ever do that again, he was gonna get up out of bed and come chase me down to give me a ticket. He was kinda kewl about it though, cause he said I know kids are gonna do stuff like that, but just do it on a backroad away from my house. Coincedentally, he pulled me over on my way to the exhaust shop after leaving autozone and picking up a cheap pair of turbo mufflers.

I would let it rip at least once or twice to let him know what loud is, then just drive normal and let him be thankful you don't drive like I do.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by texasterminator
if it's too loud, your're too old!
but you ARE to old!! i have a cam, hamm headers, and custom dual exhaust and mine is pretty damn loud at idle and i get up and leave at 7am for school every day and our houses here are about 25' apart and i've yet to have anyone complain. but i havn't started it up that early with the cutouts open yet either.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowverado
but you ARE to old!! i have a cam, hamm headers, and custom dual exhaust and mine is pretty damn loud at idle and i get up and leave at 7am for school every day and our houses here are about 25' apart and i've yet to have anyone complain. but i havn't started it up that early with the cutouts open yet either.
ok now BITCH. remember how loud mine was?
Old 01-12-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

you north texas guys sure sound like you hate each other
Old 01-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Banned

your's wasn't that loud really...the blower was though. your's idled a hair louder than mine does. I SHOULD HAVE OPENED THE CUTOUTS.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my next door nieghbor complained to me once, i just told him your lucky i didnt get the 40 series, i had the 50 series flowmaster. he never said anything again. now i have the dual magnaflow catback. the only time its loud is when 1st fire it up, and u can barley hear it at idle.
funny cuz now....my nieghbor in front of my house just bought a harley and wakes my *** up at 7 each morning. and my other next door nieghbor works on some old bus on the weekends and his loud diesel wakes my *** up.
so now i always roll up with my 2 12's full blast

Quick Reply: My neighbor is a f*#king A$$h@le!