GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Loving blackbear tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loving blackbear tune

hey all,

Just wanted post about my latest mods. I have talked to Justin via email off and on and did lots of reading on here about a tune. Finally went for it after about a year of debating. I will prob do OBX long tubes with cats and possibly a cam swap and converter in the future. But I wanted to see what just a tune would do.

I did the 87 octane tune with a little bump in shift firmness and removed all torque management. WOW what a difference. No more late, muddy shifting. Nice crisp shifts, followed by a steady pull. If you punch it just right it almost lunges forward after the 1 - 2 shift like is ready to go. Revs higher before shifts and engine feels stronger also. Only thing I may deal with in the future is a get some light pinging at the top of the rpm range when going WOT. Might try some 89 octane to see if that helps, but with gas prices and the fact this is my daily driver, I may get the tune tweaked to elimate this in the future since i really want to stick with 87.

If you are considering a tune ... DO IT! Just the shifting alone is worth it, but I definately feel more power too. Drives like a different truck.

Also gonna post up a couple of pics of my suede like headliner. Had a buddy do it for me, cause the suede doesn't like to stretch much. He used SEM flexible coating to color match the console, dome light, and other trim. It always kind of bugged me that everything from the floor to the top of the a pillars was Graphite and the headliner and trim was a very light grey. Material used is Texuede SP from yourautotrim.com
btw the headliner looks much closer to the color of the factory dash and trim in person, the camera flash makes it appear quite a bit lighter. But in person it matches almost perfectly. I am very happy with the results.

Loving blackbear tune-img_2098.jpg

Loving blackbear tune-img_2099.jpg