Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Looking for opinions on patch panels

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

My cowl hood I got is kind of funky and I wish the guy fitted it better before he painted it..... oh well lol. I did go oem on my drivers box side though... just me being **** with the truck haha.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
CAPS (Central Alberta Paint and Body Supply) in Red Deer has pretty good prices and availability on sheet metal and it seems to all fit pretty decently.
Price on ext cab rockers and cab corners? Trying to decide if i should get some while I'm in the states.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

After 14 years of harsh winters and driving it every day my hd has finally brown bubbles on the bottom of the rockers. I bought full rockers and cab corners, full rocker is the way to go so their is no seam. Both sides and corners were 250.00 from fix my rust.com. They look like quality pieces and came packaged really well. Mines not done yet but a few my brothers shop did came out really nice with em. I did buy an aftermarket hd hood tho that the body gap is perfect on one side and the other needs alot of work. Hope by the end of the summer to repaint the whole truck. Light Pewter metallic isn't easy to match, so instead of alot of blending its all getting done.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
My cowl hood I got is kind of funky and I wish the guy fitted it better before he painted it..... oh well lol. I did go oem on my drivers box side though... just me being **** with the truck haha.
Cowls always fit a little goofy, you're definitely not alone on that one haha.