Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

The last straw

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than a lil backlighting issues naggin me, I'm pretty happy w/. my truck. I've only had to replace a tail light bulb & maintenance. I replaced the rear not cause mine failed, but cause I figured under power, it might. My rear, I'll do the same to it. So other than what may self inflicted damage, only a bulb in just less than 6 yrs. of service. Unless I'm forgetting somethin.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T! i think you lost your mind! a titan?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:38 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Nice looking titan. How's feel performance wise?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:49 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Feels good performance wise.

Dont really have any plans except to level it and put some real tires on it when the time comes. Kinda good in a way as itll leave more time and money for the blue truck.

Whether or not leaving keys in the ignition is a good or bad idea, the truck shouldnt lock all by itself.

The rear in the titan may blow up, but I bet the transmission last.

I loved my Silverado, and thought about getting another, but I know quite a few people having issues with the newer GM's. Seems their QC has gone to **** and they dont care.

To me the Titan seems to ride a little better, defiantly has more power. I havent put but about 20 miles on it, so I may be disappointed, but for now Im happy
Old 09-12-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Congrats, I've always liked the Nissan Titans really, the Pro-4X is a really nice package. Those things just get way too bad of gas mileage for me to drive as much as I do back and forth to work.

Sorry to hear about your chevy though. Surprised you had that much problems with it. I do think there was/is a setting in the DIC about the auto door locks when shutting the doors with the keys in ignition. If I recall there are 3 different settings for the door locks, but I could be wrong.

Overall I think you'll be pleased with the Titan. I test drove one when they first came out, and really fell in love with it, but the MPG is what kept me from buying it. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did they make you on the Titan? I've been wanting a new truck myself, not unhappy with the Silverado, just wanting something with a bit more room. GM seems like they don't care about selling **** these days, I can't get any of them to make me a good deal.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

white1, I was just bustin yer chops on the keys in ignition.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:28 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all cool. Im getting my chopps busted pretty good from my step dad to damn near all my friends.

I often left my keys in the ignition, especially at the camp. It only locked me out twice, but what if it was in the rain, or at 2am, or in the middle of the woods etc etc.

I was gonna get a new truck next year anyway just because I need 4wd, and I bought this one before the white1 caught on fire, or the 08 would have been a 4x4.

I started off considering a 2010 lt 5.3 6l80 4x4 and was really wanting one, but after starting to carpool to work with two other guys that have 07+ GM trucks, and hearing their issues, I started to consider other full size trucks. The Yota was nice, but the dealer seemed to only want to sell what was on his lot.

I was planning to get an SE, but was having trouble finding a 4wd in town, ended up going to look at one I wasnt interested in, but had only had the opportunity to drive a 2wd, the one I was going to drive wasnt there, but the Pro-4x was.

The sticker was $42xxx I paid 31xxx so even though it was more than I wanted to spend, I fell in love with the package, and was only looking to save about 2000 on the SE.

As far as the gas mileage, Im sure it will do at least the same as my chevys. Bet it goes from full to empty every tank (but yes it is less than impressive!!)
Old 09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
T! i think you lost your mind! a titan?