Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

hemi dodge ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to sound like I am peeing in your cheereos, but you have more mods done to your truck that come standard on a new one! RC Hemis with no more than free mods and a muffler are running low 14's now. Geared ones are in the 13's. A converter has just come out but I haven't heard any results yet.

I am not trying to start a pissing match, but you can't feel too proud that your heavily modded truck can beat relatively stock ones.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

just going off of what your saying. I know that the dodge trucks dont have much in the way of performance but whats the excuse going to be when you can mod as much as we can, and still get beat?
Old 03-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Well, there is always gonna be a Ford, Chevy and Dodge, now even Toyota and possibly Nissan that will be faster than you. It is all about money.

I like any truck/car that is fast. I just prefer Dodge. All Dodge did with the Hemi is really throw itself into the hunt for the truck wars!
Old 03-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Yeah but look at mine, stock vs. stock th e HEMI has what 60 HP more than me? So with is dual exhaust and K&N vs. my single ex and K&N you still have 60 more HP...PLUS not to mention a lot more weight with his being single cab and mine an EC with a stereo system back there. Not to **** in your cheerios, but GM ...well you get the point!
Old 03-24-2004, 03:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I think the new Rams are pretty sick!

Once they have the aftermarket following that we do it's gonna be tough on us.

If I had the cash I would even think about getting one because they look prtty slick witha few aftermarket pieces on em. Just straight mean lookin.

But alas, I will just mod the **** out of my truck so I wont have to worry about 85% of the other trucks out there no matter what badge they wear.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

but then again, thats the plea mustangs have whined about "your camaro has more horsepower then my mustang". i've always been a dodge guy, but i love all cars/trucks. hemi's rock! if only they made all the parts for hemis as they do gm's (stalls, cams, heads, lt's..etc) if a dodge had all that i really think hemi's would similar 5.3's just my 2cent
Originally Posted by black5.3
Yeah but look at mine, stock vs. stock th e HEMI has what 60 HP more than me? So with is dual exhaust and K&N vs. my single ex and K&N you still have 60 more HP...PLUS not to mention a lot more weight with his being single cab and mine an EC with a stereo system back there. Not to **** in your cheerios, but GM ...well you get the point!
Old 03-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by black5.3
HP/TQ numbers will be higher in the HEMI, but I raced a SC HEMI at the track a few weekends ago. I have a ECSB with 5.3, 3.42 open diff. K&N filter and Sin. in dual out flow. The HEMI had dual flows for sure plus K&N. Don't know about rear end other than it was posi...to make long story kind of short...I got him out of the whole and about the 60' mark he pulled hard up next to me, nose to nose all the way except at the end I pulled about a nose on him. Final score...Bowtie 15.37 HEMI 15.42

Black5.3: Sorry, wasn't referring to you.... Did you talk to the guy with the RC Hemi? You sure it had the mods it did? RC Hemi's are running 14.'s stock. When they first came out they were running about the times that one ran. For some reason, and I have heard DC put a 150 hour "break in" program on the PCM to help with breakin, until some miles and hours get put on the truck, it is a turd. I went from 15.65 with 8000 miles to 15.18 with 19,000 miles in my 4 door. This was with spare, tailgate, etc. I only have free mods which is a home made CAI and the TMR mod (torque management request wire disconnected).

Those 5.3's sure do run good though!
Old 03-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the new Dodge's, there are some pretty clean *** one's around here! Not to mention the way a Dodge V-8 sounds
All I'm trying to get across is that Dodge brought it out making it sound like it was just totally friggin' awesome, then everybody wanted one! Yeah there great BUT they are not what they're made out to be! But when they do start making more after market products for them (like Kenne Bell SC) then they will shine!
Old 03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheOtherDodge
Black5.3: Sorry, wasn't referring to you.... Did you talk to the guy with the RC Hemi? You sure it had the mods it did? RC Hemi's are running 14.'s stock. When they first came out they were running about the times that one ran. For some reason, and I have heard DC put a 150 hour "break in" program on the PCM to help with breakin, until some miles and hours get put on the truck, it is a turd. I went from 15.65 with 8000 miles to 15.18 with 19,000 miles in my 4 door. This was with spare, tailgate, etc. I only have free mods which is a home made CAI and the TMR mod (torque management request wire disconnected).

Those 5.3's sure do run good though!
I was typing while you posted...Yeah he did, Iwas wanting to run it but everyone was like "No, that things pretty bad" but I didn't care, I just wanted to race. After the run he parked it and I went to check it out had about 12,000 miles or better, sweet looking truck. But running 14's stock? I guess I'll have to see it! Not saying it can't be done...
Old 03-24-2004, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

I think the after market will get very competitve for the Dodge trucks. If they don't I will find an investor who will back me and do it myself, and be on hayes street. Well not really, but can you imagine the earning potential if you could beat the rest to it. Partner with a programmer to develop at tuning software or hand held programmer, develop headers and build a jig, contract conveter builder and so on. Someone is going to get wealthy off the Dodge market. One thing that will never change, is it will still be a dodge.

Quick Reply: hemi dodge ram