Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Had fun with a Porsche{ kinda long}

Old 09-23-2003, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had fun with a Porsche{ kinda long}

I was coming home from a friends house and got stuck in traffic on this two lane road. It is a about a 16 mile stretch of whinding road and it has some nice hills and curves on it. Well anyway for ther longest time I was stuck behind a Dodge van because of on coming traffic. Well we come up on some even slower traffic. I guess every farmer Joe was out on a joy ride. Anyway I spot a new model 944 two cars a head of me. Well we all hit a clean zone and he took off passing the people in front of him and I followed as well. We got to a trafffic free area of the road and he took off. I stayed right on his bumped with out any trouble at all. As far as straight line racing I knew I had him no problem but we were coming to some really tricky S-curves. Well I knew his car should out corner me soI thought I would stay with him as long as I could. We were going about 70 to start into them and after that I never looked back down at the speedo. The only suspension mods i have are 2 inch drop in the back, Bilstien shocks, and my Toyos Proxes. I stayed on his but all the way through. My tires were screaming and I was leaning all i could. I could feel the back end of my truck get really really light feeling. On the last hill/ corner I had it floor all the way through second. I took the corner so fast I swear I could here it churp shifting into third. That kinda scared me so I slowed a bit till the next straight anyway. I was lucky I didnt put my truck into a guard rail or a tree for that matter. The guy pulled over at the school by my subdivision so I did to so to talk to the guy. He said he didnt think I would hang at all and especially in the corners. I said " I dont know how I did myself" The guy was pretty cool and gave my props for the stuff I had done to my truck. It was a stupid for me to drive like that but damn it was fun