Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

The girlfriend gets a kill... Women drivers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The girlfriend gets a kill... Women drivers.

My girlfriend and I were heading out to eat the other night. For whatever reason (this is not common), she decides she wants to drive my truck. She's all girly, and more or less thinks of her car as an appliance. She likes "nice" cars, but doesn't have much interest in them other than that.

So at around 9pm we're rolling up this long two lane access road to this large strip-mall where there's a couple of restaurants. She points out a 30-35 year old lady in a Honda S2000 with the top down, a little ways behind us, tearing along weaving through the few cars on the road.

There are a number of rather lame stop signs that you have to pass through that are set up because of construction on nearby buildings during the day. This lady rolls through a stop sign at about 15mph (that we had jus stopped for a few seconds ago), and she gets up aside of us on the driver side. She was going to pass us, but my g/f gave a the truck a little squirt and rather agressively braked for the next stop. This time the lady stops. My girlfriends fuse is lit because this lady is driving like an idiot. She looks out the window and they exchance catty glances, while my girlfriend says something about being in a hurry to catch a sale.

The S2000 lady gets into it pretty quick as if to catch us off guard, and pulls a couple of car-lenghs before my girlfriend plants it just to p*ss the lady off. I see the S2K lady row a gear with her car diagonal to us, and we walk it pretty bad after that. We ended up a couple car lenghs ahead in this 150-200 yard run.

The S2000 merges in behind us, and we take the same "exit" off of the access road. She just casually wandered off to a clothing store parking lot.

I was so proud.

I think she's coming around. Yesterday she matter-of-factly said my truck is a SS "which stands for Super Sport", without me prompting her.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Veteran

you best marry that woman
Old 07-28-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, nice and sassy!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Thats great!! My girl gives me a funny look everytime she hears the blower whine!! Kind of funny since she cant wait to start her new job so that we can get rid of her "work car" and the vette and get her a C32 AMG. She says "it just looks nicer", ya right. Thats after I commented on how fast they are.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 07-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Keeper for sure.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

my wife is the same way. if she's cruising in the truck she will race anyone. But she would rather spend money on purses and clothes instead of the truck. I am slowly working on the phase one project in her mind. She's a keeper.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with SportSide, marry that one! Keep her hooked on the autos and maybe you can talk here into a Radix for the wedding gift?!?
Old 07-31-2004, 08:35 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys.

She "is" (knock on wood), getting more used to my modding thing. It's all about how I word it. "I get better gas mileage... The truck stops better... It'll tow the camper better..." Rather than, "My truck is too quiet - I want to make it louder with this expensive exhaust system", or "I'm going to have my tranny dropped to install this torque converter that will 'slip' at low RPM's and may take some getting used to.... or I'm spending 8 hours putting in a cam to make my truck faster."
Old 07-31-2004, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice, thanks for the tips.

Quick Reply: The girlfriend gets a kill... Women drivers.