Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Cracked a Monte Carlo SS the other morning.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cracked a Monte Carlo SS the other morning.

The other morning I had a little run in with a Monte Carlo SS. I was cruising down a 3 lane road when this MC SS comes past me running pretty quick. I just kept on at the same speed and when I was coming up on the next light there the guy sat at the red light. I slowed to time it so I would still be doing 40-50mph when the light turned green. I hit it perfect and went past the guy just sitting there as the light turned. I noticed that he was trying to catch up to me after that but, I gave it a little gas to stay up on him just a bit. Well we come around a slight bend and BAM...yellow....RED light. I pulled into the third lane since there was no one over there and he quickly followed and tucked in behind me. I'm sitting there waiting, just knowing the guy is going to try and crack me down the long straight that follows. The light finally turns green and I roll into the throttle hard instead of matting it to keep from blowing the tires away.(side affect from the headers ) I see the guys headlights raise up a bit but, he just couldn't hang. By the end of first I had quite a few car lengths on him and it just wasn't getting any better for the Monte. I shut it down around 70 and he was about 5-6 cars back and loosing ground. I really thought they had more ummph than that. Oh well, chalk up another kill.

Once we got on the highway the guy pulled some crazy manuevers and sped off.

I think these trucks with a few mods are actually quicker than alot of the cars out there.

John

PS - It was brand new with temp tags.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cracked a Monte Carlo SS the other morning.

Sweet John et These trucks are just too much fun when you tweak them. I love the look on peoples faces when the crew cab starts walking away. The best is when the kids in the ricers are hopping up and down in the seats trying to get it to go faster just to catch up A guy I work with says my exhaust is quiet enough that the blower makes it sound like a jet moving up and passing by
I know, I know, I am still slacking on getting the Gtech to see where I am at but it sure is pulling great.....
And ya, those Monte Carlo's are fairly quick.

Mike
Old 06-20-2003, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill! I also love the looks on people's faces when they can't keep up with a big heavy truck.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha...that's cool Mike. You didn't swap a LSF15 jet motor in there did ya??

Yeah Jeff, it's fun cracking people in my SS but, it's like they almost expect it. One day I had a guy in a Mustang wave me bye with a look/grin on his face like "I don't want none of that" The truck on the other hand totally catches people off guard. I almost feel bad for people when they loose to it....ALMOST.

John