Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

anyone have side exit exhaust pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have side exit exhaust pictures

looking for some pictures of this done, I am thinking of putting 2 tips exiting right in front of the passenger tire. Would jsut like some info and how you bent it and what exhaust tips you used. thanks.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres a pics of my set up. Sorry didn't have time to clean the truck yet.

Originally Posted by cstchevy
looking for some pictures of this done, I am thinking of putting 2 tips exiting right in front of the passenger tire. Would jsut like some info and how you bent it and what exhaust tips you used. thanks.
Attached Thumbnails anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-exhaust-001.jpg   anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-exhaust-002.jpg  
Old 09-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Just make sure you dont get too long of a muffler. I bought a magnaflow 24" muffler and it ended up being too long and I had to run the pipes to the rear of the tire. I mounted the muffler in the stock location though. just a heads up.
Old 09-10-2004, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks, I think I am going to run (2) 2 chambers and run side exit but at an angle with some chrome rolled tips or something.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I saw a post about this awhile back, and I know it has been said that you can't run the exhaust on the driver's side in front of the tire due to the gas tank without modification. I did see it in a pic someone posted though. Any details on how to do this, cause I was considering running dual boom tubes on each side if it's not going to be a lot of trouble.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

there ya go:

looks stock doesnt it?
Old 09-11-2004, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
I saw a post about this awhile back, and I know it has been said that you can't run the exhaust on the driver's side in front of the tire due to the gas tank without modification. I did see it in a pic someone posted though. Any details on how to do this, cause I was considering running dual boom tubes on each side if it's not going to be a lot of trouble.
i did this last year but will remove soon to much power lost, going single side quiet muffler,NO MORE LOUD exhaust for me beside loud do not mean faster getting rid of the loud -keeping the faster
Attached Thumbnails anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-p013.jpg   anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-p014.jpg   anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-p015.jpg   anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-p016.jpg  
Old 09-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99power
i did this last year but will remove soon to much power lost, going single side quiet muffler,NO MORE LOUD exhaust for me beside loud do not mean faster getting rid of the loud -keeping the faster
Old 09-11-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99power.....exactly HOW did you get boom-tubes to exit right where the GAS TANK is located ???, if they run UNDER the gas tank remind me NEVER to be ANYWHERE around your truck while it is running !!!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

I've got a dual in dual out 50 series flowmaster (3 chamber) Muffler shop guy said he couldn't run 2 single/singles because their wasn't enough room for both of them and the side exit.
Heres some pics. Little different than the straight out the back dual pipes most people have, I like em.
Attached Thumbnails anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-truckpics-021.jpg   anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-truckpics-020.jpg   anyone have side exit exhaust pictures-truckpics-019.jpg  

Quick Reply: anyone have side exit exhaust pictures