Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Anyone have issues with Thunder Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDI2500HD
I feel the same way, I ordered a cam package (cam, pushrods, springs, retainers, locks, and seals) back in November. They charged my credit card either the day I ordered, or day after, can't remember, either way illegal to do until the order has shipped. After a week of not hearing anything I call them up, they say the cam was supposed to have come in the day before from Comp and it didn't so they are expecting it the next week. At this point I tell them they shouldn't have charged my credit card, they said they know and they apologize, and that it was a computer error and I was charged because the system said the cam was on an incoming shipment. I say bs and remind them it's illegal. Week goes by no word, I call back, still hasn't shipped, apparently the order my cam was in got screwed up by shipper and went back to Comp, they say next week it will go out. This continues until my cam and push rods show up 25 days after my credit card was charged. No springs! I call TR ask where my springs are. They say that they get Shipped direct from Patriot to me and that they are on the way. I asked why they didn't have them shipped when I originally placed my order, and when my card was charged, they have no answer. I was pretty frustrated at this point, was considering shipping back what I had already gotten and demanding my money back. On their website I see the cam package is now on sale, about $50 less that what I paid, I call them up and tell them to give me the sale price because I still don't have my full package yet, and that I want to be reimbursed for the shipping and handling too (about $35). They say no prob on the sale price, and they will have to ask on the s+h, and that they will call back with an answer on that. Springs show up 31 days after my card was charged, 15 of the retainers are matching 1 is different. WTF! I call Patriot, they apologize and say they will ship one UPS ground next day. I tell them I'll call TR and have them pay for it to be over nighted, figure they owe it to me at this point. Guy from Patriot says, it was Patriot's fault so he will overnight it. He did overnight, it but not until a week later! In the mean time still no word from TR about getting my s+h back, check the statement for my card, no reimbursement for the sale price, either. I call TR again, they say I have already credited my card for the sale price, and that he will ask again about s+h. Don't hear back, check my statement, no money back for sale price or s+h. Called back once or twice never had any luck. Horrible customer service, never credited me the difference on the sale price, and never heard anything more then "I'll ask my boss" in regards to s+h. I will never do business with them again, wouldn't recommend them to anyone either.

Bud you just wrote my experience word for word. I have been told a very similer story. I ordered this on 1/8 and my credit card was charged on 1/11. I have already recieved the statement for it. The bill is soon due and I will not pay it till I recieve product. I'll protest the charge to my card if I don't recieve it withen the next few days.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM

Wow.. it sucks to see what was an awesome shop go down the toilet.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sprayedsilss
Bud you just wrote my experience word for word. I have been told a very similer story. I ordered this on 1/8 and my credit card was charged on 1/11. I have already recieved the statement for it. The bill is soon due and I will not pay it till I recieve product. I'll protest the charge to my card if I don't recieve it withen the next few days.
Not letting people know about back orders and supply problems that are going to prevent order from being shipped for a month, and charging people's cards as soon as orders are placed is a bad way to do business. Sounds like they are already well on their way to pissing off a lot of people.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Teching In

I got looking into this whole credit card charging thing and this is what I have found. Thought it was interesting.

"It is technically legal, but it isn't good business!! Most companies only charge when they ship. It is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping.

Contrary to what some sources indicate, the Fair Credit Billing Act does not address if it is legal for a company to charge you before shipping the product. Instead, it makes it illegal to not ship within advertised time period (or 30 days if no expected shipping date is mentioned in the agreement). If a merchant says "this item takes 90 days to ship", then they may bill right away and not have a legal problem if they ship before the 90 day window. "
Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't get me started on them.. Billed my card on 12/22/10.. About 5k order.. Shipped items here and there.. But still waiting on two sets dual valve springs and a set of heads.. Pretty fkn pissed off.. Especially when you call them and they tell you it should ship out tomorrow.. Well guess what.. That tomorrow still isnt here!
Very close to calling credit card, disputing charges and shipping all there **** back!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Teching In

Finally got a tracking number! Now just hoping everything comes in one piece and is all there.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

ive only ever ordered small things from them but it did take a long *** time to ship. and yeah, no emails or updates i had to call several times to get a status
Old 02-17-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes! I don't think I'll be using them again after reading these stories.

I have used them twice, but it has been a while. I guess they've grown too big for their own good.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 AM
Teching In

Update on this. I recieved it on friday finally. Started installing it this past weekend. I'll have pics and video comming soon.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Update, items showed up friday...

Quick Reply: Anyone have issues with Thunder Racing?