GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

Sts turbo kit. gt67

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sts turbo kit. gt67

Well, I sold my silverado and I am starting a new project. I will be making my own turbo setup on my new project. I will be useing a bigger turbo as well. So I dont need this kit. I am saling the gt67, tail 38mm waste gate, all the sts piping, wiring, manual, and what ever else I can find. I'm not saling the intercooler. I have about 10k on this setup. I ran 17-20psi boost average, and was making 620hp+. The kit is in great condition. I have some one local that wants the kit but I don't know if he is going to come up with the money. $2000
Old 04-18-2008, 04:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the CARB E.O. sticker for the kit?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:18 AM
On The Tree

does it come with all the intercooler piping minus the intercooler. Or is this just the basic kit. Anything else included with the kit such as gauges, injectors. thanks

cory
Old 04-18-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Its the basic kit with the upgraded gt67. I decided to keep the intercooler and the piping for another project. I'll take pic's today and post them. I could get you some 42lb injectors pretty cheap. ( I think) I have been asking STS for years now to give me that dam carb eo sticker. First they said they only have it for the gto's and the silverados with 6.0's in them. I figured I'd blow up the 5.3 put a 6.0 in it and I would be good. Few months later they tell me another story about the corvette's only passed and have the eo #. Long story short, I was told that they didn't have an EO# for the 5.3, an I don't think they have one for the 6.0 . If you give me a pic of the sticker I can have it made. If you get inspected you may not pass...
Old 04-18-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Thats the thing, I'd hate to run it and have to take it off every two years just to have it pass smog. I'll try contacting STS about getting a sticker for it and see if I have any different luck than you did.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

It will pass the sniffer test with flying colors, it just the visual test you will have problems with.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TURBO8
It will pass the sniffer test with flying colors, it just the visual test you will have problems with.
Yep... I was told the other day by a test only facility that you now need documentation in CA, (in my county at least) proving that any CARB certified aftermarket items are specifically designed for the vehicle that they are installed on, even if you have a sticker or certification plate or they won't even test. It's all so lame, the vehicles emissions systems aren't even affected as long as they are in place, and under normal driving a boosted vehicle runs the same as an N/A one... of course at the same time they were telling me this, they were testing my truck w/ a K&N FIPK on it, so who knows really how strict the rule actually is.

Last edited by Chevmann99; 04-18-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

what did you run for the fuel pump, and is it safe to run 17-20 psi on these turbo's. I understand that you have meth injection, just wondering how much more life the turbo would have in it. thanks

cory
Old 04-18-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

I had a 6 speed trans and 4.10 gearing I hardly was in boost. The truck only really had to work hard on the dyno and at the track. I have only been to the track 3 times (track is so crowded that you can only get 3 passes, if you are lucky) So about 9 passes on the turbo. I have had the truck dyno tuned 4 times. Other than that it has been babied. I cant be caught raceing on the street here in cali, or I will lose my DL and I drive semi trucks for a living. I drive 65-70 and with the 6 speed 0 boost. The turbo has plenty life left.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Do you have some pics of it off the truck? Does it come with the oil pump

Quick Reply: Sts turbo kit. gt67