Notices
GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

NOS System for 99-02 Trucks/SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 09:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS System for 99-02 Trucks/SUV & LOTS MORE!! (GMS MAF, K&N FIPK, ETC.)

NOS System for 99-02 Trucks/SUV & LOTS MORE!! (GMS MAF, K&N FIPK, ETC.)

I just bought this in mid July, but am selling it because nitrous is being outlawed in Texas and I need the money.

This is an NOS-5176 150 Shot Dry Kit made for LT1 cars and LS1 based Trucks/SUVs (as long as they have a vacuum fuel return line off the fuel pressure regulator).

This kit is complete with everything needed and more!

It also includes the upgraded 15 pound bottle!

I will include original Summit Racing Receipt, and this kit will still be under warranty for over another 2 months (180 day warranty).

You are probably wondering why I put an LT1 kit in an LS1 based truck.
If you call the NOS Tech line, they'll tell you this kit is a perfect match for our trucks, and a fully stock motor can handle this shot "safely"....they assured me. They, however, failed to notify me that a stock transmission will not hold up, especially when your bed is loaded (stupid mistake).

In this kit, the nitrous is not injected before the mass air sensor, it is injected into your intake after the mass air (between sensor & throttle body).
The nitrous goes through a Tee. In the middle of the tee is a nitrous pressure regulator and then from that, a hose connects to the fuel pressure regulator to keep fuel from returning to the tank when you activate the nitrous. It uses this extra fuel to feed your stock injectors and keep the air/fuel ratio even.
Kinda confusing, but this is how their kit works and it works perfect.

The kit also comes with an NOS inline fuel pump to give it the extra fuel it needs which has already been setup to be installed in your existing fuel line easily (took some custom fabricating and a nice bracket (made out of aluminum and looks very professional), since this kit was originally made for the LT1 cars.

Anyone in Houston area can come check it out before I uninstall it late this weekend. I will also be taking pictures of the install before I do all this work.

Kit includes all wiring, micro throttle switch, silenoids, inline fuel pump, 15 lb. nitrous bottle with brackets, all hardware needed, lighted activation switch, and I'll even be nice and throw in the wire loom to make it nice 'n purdy...lol! There is probably more, I just cant think of it right now.

I will take pictures of the installed kit to show buyer so he can install it quickly and easily....I'll even leave everything together that I can so you can just bolt it up without having to start from the directions.

I will also be including the original user manual, etc.

Killer Deal (IMO) for only $500 + $25 shipping
or Best Reasonable Offer

It was bought in July for over $800.00 (including 15lb Bottle Upgrade)!

If your transmission is completely stock, I would advise getting an rpm window switch from MSD for this kit to cut off nitrous at 5800 RPM or so and then to turn back on at 2800 or so, as NOS recommended, to give your transmission time to shift without an added 150 horses.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY AFTER SOLD, ESPECIALLY IF KIT IS IMPROPERLY INSTALLED, ETC. You'll have to take it up with Summit Racing if you have problems, of course, I would be happy to help you install it if you're in Houston area.
Kit Sold As Is (which "as is" really should mean perfect).
Everything Works Perfect.

-Brandon Butler
bmb0327@ev1.net
(281) 797-5792

I will also sell bottle heater & purge kit seperately

I also have Autometer ELECTRIC nitrous pressure & fuel pressure guages (cost $200 each from Summit as well), along with the
Autometer 2-pod pillar gage holder that fits our trucks/SUVs perfectly. Just ask how much.

AutoMeter Ultralite Electric Full Sweep Guages Are on eBay as well:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42604

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42604

I also have the K&N Cold Air Kit (FIPKII) that I would like to get rid of (has a small hole in it for the nitrous hose--will sell with kit for an AWESOME DEAL! (as you can see, I am needing some money)

I also have my Granatelli Mass Air Sensor Up for Sale on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33557

For reference if you are unsure about buying this stuff from me, you could take a glance at my eBay feedback as well.

I accept PAYPAL, CASHIERS CHECK, MONEY ORDER, Personal Check (10 days to clear)

THANKS AGAIN!
-BRANDON
Old 10-29-2003, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I almost forgot....I also bought a 4 wheel drive switch (has the four buttons) that I was gonna use for the switches, but never got around to it.
I will throw this in as well. (cost was over $70.00 originally).
Old 10-29-2003, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to some pictures. I'm interested!

Also wouldn't it be a wet shot, not a dry? Is there different settings besides 150?
Old 10-29-2003, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02Silverado
I would like to some pictures. I'm interested!

Also wouldn't it be a wet shot, not a dry? Is there different settings besides 150?
I will be taking very detailed pictures this weekend and will email them, or post them on a website.

This is a dry shot....the fuel pressure is increased by the included pump (it boosts it to about 80-90lbs,
the injectors feed the extra fuel by having the vacuum return line closed.

NOS said you could put a smaller jet (pill) in it, but they strongly recommended not to decrease the size shot or the truck may run too rich.
Right now, it has a .067 jet in it (I believe). hat was the only one that came with the kit. TRUST ME, my truck is still as healthy as an ox after about 7 bottle fill-ups on my 15# bottle (can verify with receipts).
The only thing is, that bottle cost a lot to fill, but it lasts a long time, IMO.

NOS Techs could probably explain how the system works better than I.
But I think you will understand it better when you see the pictures of how such a big dry shot is okay with this kit on a fully stock motor (with the exception of putting spark plugs 1 step colder in (also as recommended by NOS)..

I have checked the plugs (NGK TR-6) and they are completely fine. No lean condition at all, and my motor runs perfect, idles perfect, and sounds perfect.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

That kit should be fully adjsutable from 75-175 if you have the fuel.

The nitrous flow creates a mad vac. Well there is a pressure reg between the two soleoinds and "T"s into to stock fuel pressure regulator. It works like an FMU sorta deal. The vac increases fuel pressure...hence increasing fuel flow.

I ran a kit like that on a EFI Ford (not a Stang!) and works fine.

You want a larger fuel jet for less fuel; smaller jet for more fuel. YES it's backwards compared to the wet kits. There is also a small .020" shim you can stick under the pressure reg on the 'noid bracket that boosts fuel pressure even more.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

So whats this about nitrous being outlawed in TX?
Old 10-29-2003, 08:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by O3GMC
So whats this about nitrous being outlawed in TX?
I haven't heard about that, but hell it won't keep me from using it.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

I've always heard that you can't have it hooked up, but it can be in your vehicle......is the same true or did it go to something worse?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Nos-5176

Originally Posted by O3GMC
I've always heard that you can't have it hooked up, but it can be in your vehicle......is the same true or did it go to something worse?
I think that's it....my neighbor is a cop & doesn't exactly like me.....I have always kept mine hooked up. I used the bottle opener (already sold) when I needed to use it on the spot.

WILL HAVE PICTURES UP THIS WEEKEND!!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yeah, and good info. HitMan!
I knew someone could describe how it works better than I!

Quick Reply: NOS System for 99-02 Trucks/SUV