GM Parts Classifieds For Sale and Wanted

Anyone have traction bars or want to build me some?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have traction bars or want to build me some?

I'd love to build me some traction bars myself, but I don't have the means to do so.

If anyone has any caltracs or is willing to make me some, let me know.

I need them for a flip kit so they are essentially the same thing except my lower spring perch is a flat piece of steel rather than a formed stock piece.

Let me know if anyone has anything. I figured I'd ask before I spent way too much money on a new set from Calvert.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I'd love to build me some traction bars myself, but I don't have the means to do so.

If anyone has any caltracs or is willing to make me some, let me know.

I need them for a flip kit so they are essentially the same thing except my lower spring perch is a flat piece of steel rather than a formed stock piece.

Let me know if anyone has anything. I figured I'd ask before I spent way too much money on a new set from Calvert.
How about some long bars? I know a guy that can build both BTW hows the nitrous kit working?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vff_jeff
How about some long bars? I know a guy that can build both BTW hows the nitrous kit working?
The only thing I'm worried about is tearing off that frame mount. My truck is lowered a fair bit. I'd have to do some research on the matter.

The nitrous is working great. The only problems are I haven't found a specific solution to installing a blowdown tube and I haven't figured out what kind of line to use for the purge(I keep melting the cheap home depot crap). Other than that it's awesome
Old 06-10-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id like to build somthing for you, but work is killing me and im not home much.

I plan on making a Caltrac style setup for mine to see if there are any differences at the track compared to my long bars.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

The only thing I'm worried about is tearing off that frame mount. My truck is lowered a fair bit. I'd have to do some research on the matter.

The nitrous is working great. The only problems are I haven't found a specific solution to installing a blowdown tube and I haven't figured out what kind of line to use for the purge(I keep melting the cheap home depot crap). Other than that it's awesome
I talked to my friend, he said he can make the caltracs for your application. Im at his shop a lot so If you want send me a pm, and Ill give you my cell number. He does really good fab work, and builds 4 links and air rides for a lot of known people. One of the best welders. If you want caltracs no prob, but long bars are cheaper, and easier to make. Plus we are local. And yall are having that meet soon near hear. lemme know.

On the purge... I put a braided an line on there. I was using it as a second stage for a dry 50 shot. Actually It was supposed to be a first stage for the holeshot, but I got a SD tune, and couldnt use it.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:49 AM
TECH Regular

hey did you ever get those long bars made?? looking for some for my cc
Old 08-02-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Veteran

I sure did. I had a local guy build them for me. It's a really simple setup, but they work fantastic.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:25 AM
On The Tree

I sure did. I had a local guy build them for me. It's a really simple setup, but they work fantastic.
Btw Jon is the guys name. If anyone else needs some built, pm me, and I Might be able to hook it up.
Mark, The long bars you got appear simple, but a lot of time went into them. I helped a little, and they are made of high quality material. Thats a similar setup a lot of the turbo trucks use. I wasnt there to meet you when you picked them up, But Nice to meet you last night finally. You need to whoop brian.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vff_jeff
Btw Jon is the guys name. If anyone else needs some built, pm me, and I Might be able to hook it up.
Mark, The long bars you got appear simple, but a lot of time went into them. I helped a little, and they are made of high quality material. Thats a similar setup a lot of the turbo trucks use. I wasnt there to meet you when you picked them up, But Nice to meet you last night finally. You need to whoop brian.
Yea I didn't mean to imply that they were cheap in quality. I just meant that the design itself is pretty simple, but man do they work! It's pretty damn hard to beat $300 installed for them too. His welds were beautiful too.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Yea I didn't mean to imply that they were cheap in quality. I just meant that the design itself is pretty simple, but man do they work! It's pretty damn hard to beat $300 installed for them too. His welds were beautiful too.
He has some of the best welds that I have seen. He can weld pretty much anything. And do it right, and look nice. He also fabricates. Anything from minor suspension, to complete frame and chassis.

Quick Reply: Anyone have traction bars or want to build me some?