Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wynjammer supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
The wynjammer is an awsome kit that makes more power # for # than the ATI or Vortech. There reliable and good for up to 15psi before any belt slippage, and then you can upgrade to there kevlar belt. I'd go for it, there really not bad and have great customer service and warrantys.
I have heard otherwise, but I could be wrong. Vortech still has a much more complete kit as well as magnacharger, and even ATI. I would like to see some performance gains from someone on this though.

Aaron
Old 02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Take a look at s10forum.com for these. Not one bad word from anyone who has one. A couple guys went as far as to say the 6psi base Wynjammer kit made more power than there ATI kit at 9psi. Alot of guys there are swapping over to Wynjammers.

Besides, you cant beat the 1 hour max install time. LOL Lets see a Radix guy do that. J/K
Old 02-28-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

This could mean something or it couldnt mean anything but their website would push away if I was contemplating using them. The free knife thing would do the same thing. Free stuff is cool but thats out in left field. Although I have a few of those superknives and they are nice! I think I am actully setup as a vendor with them!
Old 02-28-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
Take a look at s10forum.com for these. Not one bad word from anyone who has one. A couple guys went as far as to say the 6psi base Wynjammer kit made more power than there ATI kit at 9psi. Alot of guys there are swapping over to Wynjammers.

Besides, you cant beat the 1 hour max install time. LOL Lets see a Radix guy do that. J/K

Have any links?
I called this guy a while back because I was worried about wether or not it would flow enough for our engines, and he TOLD me that they have a 502 pushing around 600 hp with one, but I have heard lots of things from lots of people. You never know though, he may actually be telling the truth. The install sure does look pretty simple though. Someone needs to try out this kit and give us definate #'s so that we know if it is worth it or not. Still is lacking a lot of stuff though like fuel, and an intercooler.

Aaron
Old 02-28-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i may end up being the guinie pig for us all and test it out. i ve talked to allen(owns wynjammer) before, and he sounds like he knows his stuff. i agree though, the website design is not too professional and the free knife thing is kinda in left field, but i guess i wont let that make my desicion. ill check out that s10fourm and talk to those guys. i guess boost is boost, but there is no intercooler option. iam worried about its performance in 80 degree + weather. ill keep you all informed once i do it. ps where is the cheapest(and best) place to buy some bigger injectors to meet the horsepower demands. i dont know if ill need the 43 # maybe some 36's. thanks.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Boost isn't always the same. 10lbs from a p1sc isn't the same as 10# from an F1. The more efficent the blower, the more hp per lb of boost you will make. If you really do decide to do it just make sure you get good times/dyno's before/after. I am really curious about this.

Aaron
Old 02-28-2005, 11:44 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Buy A Radix and I will throw in a system that works
Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah but this isnt like being a test rabbit for an exhaust or a CAI its a whole lot more involved. Good luck either way man!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:54 AM
14 Second Truck Club

so if it works for a 6 cylinder, what makes it good for an LS1 based 8 cylinder?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onyx
so if it works for a 6 cylinder, what makes it good for an LS1 based 8 cylinder?
It is because they are thinking that all boost is the same, which isn't the case. Just because it can make 6 lbs on a 4 or 6 cyl doesn't mean that it will do anything on our trucks. Take the powerdyne for example. It works great on smaller engines, but one of our SS guys put one on his Lq9, and even with the 12 lb pulley on it, couldn't hit 6lbs. It just didn't flow enough air. He even tried a couple of different head units. I am not saying that the wynjammer won't work, and it could even work great, but just because a guy with an S10 is happy with it doesn't mean that it will work well for us. There is one guy on Silveradoss.com that said that he noticed a good gain in hp from his wynjammer, and it is putting out advertised boost without a problem, but he said that he will never take it to the track because it is just a street truck to him. He also has no dyno #'s.

Even if it does hit advertised boost though it isn't guaranteed that it is going to make the same kind of power as another blower. Some are not as efficent, and they create more heat. This becomes increasingly apparent when there is no intercooler. I hope that it will work great, and that there would be another competing blower out there because it is a really innovative design, and the install looks like a freaking breeze. This would be a blower that would be easy enough to take off and on that you could take it off in order to get the truck worked on. We will see though if it will compete.

Quick Reply: wynjammer supercharger