Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who near chagrin Falls OH wants to help Stainless Works build a 1 7/8 header for us?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who near chagrin Falls OH wants to help Stainless Works build a 1 7/8 header for us?

Ok boys, looks like Stainless Works is willing to build us a 1 7/8" long tube header with a 3" collector. However, they need a truck to use for mockup. If anyone here is willing to leave there truck with them to do the mockup, they said they'd build us some headers. Your truck needs to be a 4x4 (so the headers are compatible with all models) and the person you want to get in contact with is Bill @ stainless works. If we can pull this off, we won't have to pay the silly prices of the "other" stainless steel header manufacturer....
Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I lived closer and had a 4x4, I'd do it in a heart beat.
It's about a 2 hour drive, but it would be worth it for a sweet set of headers.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Someone wants to help the community out
Old 11-11-2009, 03:55 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

StainlessWorks is great to deal with BTW, I worked out a great deal with them when I test fit their 1 3/4 headers and catted y-pipe on my 4x4 Maybe start a thread in the regional section also Joe, might get some hits there
Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Baltimore Whore

I told them if they didn't have to keep my truck for so long it would be done done done.. I hope sombody will do it, hell they will get a set for a GREAT PRICE....
Old 11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I dont see why you think they'll be any cheaper than AR headers. I'm looking at their website right now and the 1 3/4" kit with ORY is $1113. The AR 1 7/8" with the OEM dual pipes is like $1175 I believe with their GB purchase here. Also, based on the pictures, the collector on the SW doesn't compare to the AR's, nor does it have nice ball joints for connection to the Y pipe.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

On the contrary, when I called ARH and tried to get a "discount" I damn near fell out of my chair. They wanted over $1400 SHIPPED for the 1 7/8 headers with 6L catless mid pipes. They wouldn't budge even and when I mentioned the discount they left the conversation with a "take it or leave it" attitude. I'm sure their product is good, but not $1400 good. I've talked to a vendor who sells these (and no I'm not naming names) and I know for a fact that there's A LOT more markup in the truck headers than the f-bods. Talking to that same vendor, he stated that he couldn't move off price "x" as it would go against "agreements" setup with ARH. Last time I checked, this was called "price fixing" and is also illegal. Anyways, if they were more REASONABLY priced, I'd be more interested in ordering a set. That's why I'm wanting stainless works.

Last edited by hirdlej; 11-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You know how many sets of pacesetters you could buy for $1400? Hahahaha
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Baltimore Whore

STAINLESS WORKS FTW... Try about half of that price
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
On the contrary, when I called ARH and tried to get a "discount" I damn near fell out of my chair. They wanted over $1400 SHIPPED for the 1 7/8 headers with 6L catless mid pipes. They wouldn't budge even and when I mentioned the discount they left the conversation with a "take it or leave it" attitude. I'm sure their product is good, but not $1400 good. I've talked to a vendor who sells these (and no I'm not naming names) and I know for a fact that there's A LOT more markup in the truck headers than the f-bods. If they were more REASONABLY priced, I'd be more interested in ordering a set. That's why I'm wanting stainless works.
Many people have bought them on here for around $1100. They've been advertising for months now. It seems like maybe they didn't know you were a forum member here. Furthermore, 01Thunder just had a set of 1 7/8" ARHs w/the dual pipe setup for $850. You should have just got that, you wont get any cheaper than that. He's been trying to sell them for about a month.

I did some searching on merge collectors, and some testing on a cammed gen I small block yielded 12 more HP on an engine dyno versus a standard collector. I would never pay what any of these companies are asking for these stainless headers unless they had the things that the ARH's feature. Headers may typically add 25-35 HP at the crank, so the merge collectors can add a significant amount.

Quick Reply: Who near chagrin Falls OH wants to help Stainless Works build a 1 7/8 header for us?