Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Who has Corsa on there Truck, do you like it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has Corsa on there Truck, do you like it?

I am getting ready to purchase Corsa Dual Rear Exhaust for Truck. I was just wondering how many people have Corsa exhaust and how you like it? Performance & Sound do you like it? ANy problems with it? etc..... Thanks for your imput. Where did you order it from
Old 09-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Teching In

I got a corsa on my 03 5.3. It was an easy install and i did it in my driveway. I would suggest having a friend around cus the stock setup is a lil heavy. The performance gains were nice, prob like 10 horse and equal amount of torque. The quality is awesome and should last forever. The sound is nice, i got a dual rear exit. It idles pretty quiet but get pretty loud wot. There is also little or no interior drone which is nice. I got my system off of ebay for ike 699.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeSierra01
I am getting ready to purchase Corsa Dual Rear Exhaust for Truck. I was just wondering how many people have Corsa exhaust and how you like it? Performance & Sound do you like it? ANy problems with it? etc..... Thanks for your imput. Where did you order it from
I work @ a chevy dealership here in Louisiana & I have sold 10-12 of them here in the service department. They sound great & the installation is pretty easy. It takes us about 45 minutes to install one (the first took about 2 hours) & they actually carry a 3yr/36000 mile warranty if installed @ the time of purchase. Then system is really nice, the tips are hand rolled t409 steel vs. t304 (t409 has more chromium & nickel) & the muffler is a straight through design. Sounds almost stock until you lay into it. The only draw back is the cost, for what I would have spent on the Corsa I had true duals put on @ my local exhaust shop.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:05 PM
14 Second Truck Club

got mine from ebay for 480.00 shipped NIB. I have the sport side exit.

CORSA RULES
Old 09-22-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love mine!
Old 09-22-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BurntOrangeSierra01
I had one on my old Avalache 5.3. One of the first few systems out there for the truck... I believe it was a sport system - this was before they came out with two different models.

I liked it a lot. A very angry system. It's like "straight pipe loud" at WOT. It'd really make a cam stand out.

I didn't notice much in the way of performance. The truck reved out a little better. Mileage went up a bit. Nothing dramatic.

Corsa's waranty is good. My muffler started buzzing after about 15,000 miles, and they replaced it with a new model for no cost to me at all.

I didn't like the exhaust when lugging up a hill at very low RPM's. It tended to sound like a farm tractor or dump-truck. The system is REALLY great for a manual transmission vehicle, where you can really take advantage of the light-throttle "quiet spot" the system gives you. Auto's force you to lug the motor and use too much pedal to always keep it quiet.

For the size of the muffler and all, it was very lightweight. Comparing the muffer and tubing to my B&B is a huge difference. B&B is built like a tank - Corsa like a lightweight performance system.

I have a picture comparing some of the two systems hardware at home - I'll try to upload it within the next few days.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:27 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BluethunderWS6
I have the sport side exit.

CORSA RULES

I love mine. Cant even hear it when you are cruising at 80 but at WOT watch out.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

I have the Supermaxx system with my Corsa Sport system. Its just a tad louder then I want it but it sounds great!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:35 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont have Corsa, but I did get a chance to tour their shop. What a clean cut place that was! Top notch company.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we've put a few sets on here at work for some stock unit's on the lot. they certainly have a nice sound and are top quality. we just order them through gm. getting the tips lined up and level is time consuming on the dual out system, but worth it. here's a pic of one of our previous trucks before it was sold with the dual rear exit.

Quick Reply: Who has Corsa on there Truck, do you like it?